Page 1 of 1

Padkontrol as control surface means midi channel wonkiness?

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:20 am
by Surreal
The long and short of it is that the pads are set to send on midi channel 10 but come in as midi channel 1. not the biggest deal, except i want to have different behavior based on midi channel.

Re: Padkontrol as control surface means midi channel wonkiness?

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:29 am
by LeifonMars
Surreal wrote:The long and short of it is that the pads are set to send on midi channel 10 but come in as midi channel 1. not the biggest deal, except i want to have different behavior based on midi channel.
I have owned 2 unit of padKontrols, and both worked just fine. No wonkiness what so ever.

Re: Padkontrol as control surface means midi channel wonkiness?

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:31 pm
by Surreal
right... the padkontrol works. but, if i use it as a control surface, the track receives midi from it on channel 1...regardless.

Re: Padkontrol as control surface means midi channel wonkiness?

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:04 pm
by LeifonMars
Surreal wrote:right... the padkontrol works. but, if i use it as a control surface, the track receives midi from it on channel 1...regardless.
Well, mine didn't. And as you've already discovered, you can change the channel each pad transmits to.

Re: Padkontrol as control surface means midi channel wonkiness?

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:09 pm
by Surreal
So, here is the thing. each pad is transmitting on 10. it IS transmitting on 10. right now. the TRACK RECEIVES ON CHANNEL ONE. this happens when i use the padkontrol as a control surface so that the pads map 'automatically' to drum rack.

Re: Padkontrol as control surface means midi channel wonkiness?

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:15 pm
by LeifonMars
Surreal wrote:So, here is the thing. each pad is transmitting on 10. it IS transmitting on 10. right now. the TRACK RECEIVES ON CHANNEL ONE. this happens when i use the padkontrol as a control surface so that the pads map 'automatically' to drum rack.
Haven't used mine now for long time, but never had such a trouble. What OS you're on?

Re: Padkontrol as control surface means midi channel wonkiness?

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:20 pm
by Surreal
mac os X