bouncing track to audio

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
locket

bouncing track to audio

Post by locket » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:47 am

What is the best way to bounce down to audio when resampling, im new to ableton and have been exporting audio, but if im resampling im gonna have alot of clips that it will save is there an easiar, quicker way of bouncing the track to audio.

Thanks

jellycaster

Re: bouncing track to audio

Post by jellycaster » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:08 pm

freeze the track, then flatten the track, simple as that

locket

Post by locket » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:15 pm

mm ok not sure how you do that but i will find out thanks

locket

Post by locket » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:17 pm

ok that was easy to learn, what am i actually doing when i do that just bouncing it to audio ?

savyurrecords

Post by savyurrecords » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Yep freeze then flatten creates an audio file.
I normally duplicate the track first and save it in case I need to go back and change stuff with the flattened audio.

jellycaster

Post by jellycaster » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:07 pm

freezing the track does a sort of semi-bounce. it takes the midi track and all the plugins after it, and freezes them, so the track or plugin parameters cannot be tweaked. but, you can unfreeze the track at any time and tweak settings. freezing frees up cpu power.

flattening exports to audio.

it's all in the manual.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:03 pm

Freeze actually bounces out the audio as well, to the project's samples directory. This is then substitued in for the midi clip (though all you'll actually see is the track turned blue). When a frozen track is flattened, you'll see the substitution visually and lose the option to unfreeze the track.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

locket

Post by locket » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Thats great thanks guys

andydes

Post by andydes » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:01 pm

As opposed to flattening the track, you can also copy the frozen clips to an audio track and unfreeze the original track to keep the midi clips. I've recently discovered you can also drag frozen clips from the browser straight to an audio track. This is a real easy way to import audio clips into a big set for playing live, if that's your bag. Shame it doesn't work with sidechaining and some other routings. These you have to do the long way.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:00 am

andydes wrote:As opposed to flattening the track, you can also copy the frozen clips to an audio track and unfreeze the original track to keep the midi clips. I've recently discovered you can also drag frozen clips from the browser straight to an audio track. This is a real easy way to import audio clips into a big set for playing live, if that's your bag. Shame it doesn't work with sidechaining and some other routings. These you have to do the long way.
A trick I use is to duplicate the midi clip (in the same track), Freeze the track, then drag one of the frozen clips from the frozen track directly to an audio track, then unfreeze the frozen track. In roughly 5 seconds (using keyboard shortcuts) you have perfectly bounced audio and keep your midi track.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com