XY pad MIDI/USB controller

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ansiaaa

XY pad MIDI/USB controller

Post by ansiaaa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:27 pm

does anybody know if there is a midi controller that has a XY pad only? like a Mini KaossPad, but that only works as a controller.

I have an ipod touch that I could use, but I prefer and actual controller.

I've have looked already but the only thing that's near what I want is the korg nanopad which also has got a couple of rows of pads

ansiaaa

Re: XY pad MIDI/USB controller

Post by ansiaaa » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:00 pm

yeah I've already seen someone else do that and I even thought about it, but I hoped there was something else already with just the xy pad.

I guess there arn't many other choices

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:23 pm

i doubt you could even make an x/y pad for cheaper than the $40 that the nanopad goes for....

sinosoidal

Post by sinosoidal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:38 am

Hi,

Have you ever tried LK? LK is an Ableton Live controller and Midi Controller for iOS & Android.

Give a look at the XY Pad module.

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

Nuno Santos
www.imaginando.pt

Foresonic

Post by Foresonic » Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:06 pm

I've had this same question unanswered for almost 2 years now. I think a relatively cheap but well-built XY-only MIDI controller (maybe with 2 XY pads) for smaller form factor than the Nanokey Studio could make someone a decent bit of money, with some smart marketing. I'd definitely buy one. Synths like Biotek (and Ableton Devices with XY control like Grain Delay) would be soooo much more fun and interactive if I didn't have to use knobs or my mouse to move the XY parameter around. I've seen solutions for Mac, like software that turns your trackpad into an XY MIDI controller, but I'm on Windows so my only real options are to get an M-Audio Code (and not use 95% of it since I already have a Minilab mkii and Launchpad X, lol, and my space is already limited as it is) or a Nanopad2/Nanokey Studio.

Mark Williams

Post by Mark Williams » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:15 pm

Maybe they should include x/y pad onto a Push3.
Live 11, M1 Mac Mini, Push 2, Scarlett 18i20 & ADA8200, Softube Console 1 Mk2, Deepmind12, Hydrasynth, Cobalt 8M, Moog Subsequent 25, IK Uno Synth Pro, Plethora X3, Nord Drum 3P