Maschine won't respond to Ableton Live Template as a control

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
delicioso

Re: Maschine won't respond to Ableton Live Template as a control

Post by delicioso » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:41 pm

eddiex wrote:my goal in commenting on "maschine" posts, is to make sure people realize that maschine isn't and hasn't been all peaches and cream, and that they are not going to be able to just plug it in and it will work seamlessly with ableton. there have been issues (that even the pro-maschine people on this thread have admitted) and the set up is by no means, plug and play.
The particular issue you were having with using Maschine as a MIDI controller has already been fixed so you can let it go. It's disingenuous to continue whining about it and mislead people into thinking that it's still a problem, just because you couldn't return yours.

donnie1986

Post by donnie1986 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:46 pm

Why does the pro maschine guy keep repeating this issue has been resolved.
I can't find maschine in the midi preferences in ableton even though I have followed the process. I have looked everywhere and have found no solution to my issue. I love maschine. But considering 40% of people have said the read through on natives web site did not help them. I say they have not resolved the issue. They need to sort their templates out. Why not get it to work in the same way most midi works. I'm in no way an expert but most companies seem to have their acts sorted out. Why can't native?

humnumb

Post by humnumb » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:27 am

Nice first post, donnie1986 aka EDDIEX Jr.
donnie1986 wrote:Why does the pro maschine guy keep repeating this issue has been resolved.
Because that issue, which only affected some OSX users, was fixed with the 1.8 update.
donnie1986 wrote:I can't find maschine in the midi preferences in ableton even though I have followed the process. I have looked everywhere and have found no solution to my issue.
That has nothing to do with the bug that was fixed. You're not even very clear about what problem you're having. What do you mean you "can't find maschine in the midi preferences in ableton"? What "process" did you follow? What do you mean "they need to sort their templates out"? Sounds like you're simply jumping to a conclusion just because you're frustrated, probably because you didn't follow whatever steps you followed correctly. Think about the fact that everything is working just fine for others and your claim that there must be something wrong and that it must be that NI must not "have their acts sorted out", just because you couldn't get something to work.

yur2die4

Post by yur2die4 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:36 am

I had a friend who's midi ports were not showing up at all in Live or Traktor.

The problem for him was, he did not have his controller unplugged during installation.

I think the last time I was over there, he made the same mistake again haha

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 am

eddiex wrote:
33tetragammon wrote:Running fine here also, no problems whatsoever. In the past i had some problems with Maschine when it stopped sending midi signals randomly, seems to be fixed now since the latest Maschine and Controller Editor updates.

With this latest update you have to change the input and output to "Maschine virtual input" and "Maschine virtual output". Otherwise it won't work. Also, check if you have the CORRECT midi remote script in your Ableton remote script folder.

It should work then! (unless it's the Live 9 beta, where it doesn't work).
like i said....headaches :| if you can get it to work right, awesome. i just think it is nuts to have to do all of this stuff, just to make a midi controller work like a midi controller in another DAW. as much as it was a pain to use in ableton, it was twice as bad in logic.
Uhh... like you don't have to do that With any other midi Controller right? :roll:

If you only use general midi Keyboards.... fine. But fully fledged midi Controllers take time to properly set up. /shrug

Zac Kyoti

Post by Zac Kyoti » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:36 pm

It's not complicated:
Download and install latest Controller Editor from NI.
Load up the Ableton template in Controller Editor.
Look for the midi scripts that go with your version of maschine in Control Editor folder.
Copy the scripts and paste into Live's Midi Remote Scripts folder.
In Live's Control Surfaces, select the script you just copied over, set in/out to Maschine Virtual in/out.

All of that you only need to do once. After that it's plug and play, just like the MPD.
Midi freeze issues were ironed out some time ago.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:22 pm

Guillermo Barrancos wrote:
eddiex wrote:
33tetragammon wrote:Running fine here also, no problems whatsoever. In the past i had some problems with Maschine when it stopped sending midi signals randomly, seems to be fixed now since the latest Maschine and Controller Editor updates.

With this latest update you have to change the input and output to "Maschine virtual input" and "Maschine virtual output". Otherwise it won't work. Also, check if you have the CORRECT midi remote script in your Ableton remote script folder.

It should work then! (unless it's the Live 9 beta, where it doesn't work).
like i said....headaches :| if you can get it to work right, awesome. i just think it is nuts to have to do all of this stuff, just to make a midi controller work like a midi controller in another DAW. as much as it was a pain to use in ableton, it was twice as bad in logic.
Uhh... like you don't have to do that With any other midi Controller right? :roll:

If you only use general midi Keyboards.... fine. But fully fledged midi Controllers take time to properly set up. /shrug
:lol: i own a MPD32, MPD18,APC40, MAUDIO AXIOM 25, MASCHINE (1ST GEN) MASCHINE is the only controller that is a pain in the ass to use.
id rather use my 50$ MPD18 than MASCHINE. i hate controller editor. i hate that, before 1.8 it would randomly turn on and off while using it with ableton. i hate that once every few months i have to drag another script into ableton to make it work.
another thing, all you MASCHINE-HOLES tear into me like i am an idiot, like i am the only person in the world that has these problems with MASCHINE, but there are numerous threads over at NI dedicated to the same exact issues i have had. MASCHINE is flawed....stop defending it like it is JESUS or something.
Last edited by eddiex on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cloud>https://soundcloud.com/eddiexdarko
i love you,please don't die.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:31 pm

humnumb wrote:Nice first post, donnie1986 aka EDDIEX Jr.
donnie1986 wrote:Why does the pro maschine guy keep repeating this issue has been resolved.
Because that issue, which only affected some OSX users, was fixed with the 1.8 update.
donnie1986 wrote:I can't find maschine in the midi preferences in ableton even though I have followed the process. I have looked everywhere and have found no solution to my issue.
That has nothing to do with the bug that was fixed. You're not even very clear about what problem you're having. What do you mean you "can't find maschine in the midi preferences in ableton"? What "process" did you follow? What do you mean "they need to sort their templates out"? Sounds like you're simply jumping to a conclusion just because you're frustrated, probably because you didn't follow whatever steps you followed correctly. Think about the fact that everything is working just fine for others and your claim that there must be something wrong and that it must be that NI must not "have their acts sorted out", just because you couldn't get something to work.
:lol: i forgive you humnuts!

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:33 pm

p.s. im still waiting to hear some of those RAD BEATS you and your girl delicioso are busting out on MASCHINE.

eddiex

Post by eddiex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:49 pm

P.P.S. not sure if you were trying to imply that donnie1986, is an alternate handle of mine....in case you were, i don't give a shit about you or any of this enough, to create alternate nicknames. also, i don't have to hide behind another nickname to tell you assholes what i think of you to your forum face.
finally....sorry to disappoint you, donnie1986 is just ANOTHER maschine dissatisfied customer.

donnie1986

Post by donnie1986 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:44 am

I think my last post has caused a bit of an issue. All I was trying to point out was that 40% of people who had read (http://www.native-instruments.com/knowl ... I+Template) found it to be useless. If that many people are struggling with it then either there a lot of idiots out there, myself included, or they are not giving a good enough explanation how to set up. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

P.s. I resolved my issue. It was actually windows 7 which I am new to. deciding to hide C:\ProgramData\ unless you type it in. :oops:

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:10 am

donnie1986 wrote:I think my last post has caused a bit of an issue. All I was trying to point out was that 40% of people who had read (http://www.native-instruments.com/knowl ... I+Template) found it to be useless. If that many people are struggling with it then either there a lot of idiots out there, myself included, or they are not giving a good enough explanation how to set up. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.

P.s. I resolved my issue. It was actually windows 7 which I am new to. deciding to hide C:\ProgramData\ unless you type it in. :oops:
ProgramData is the default installation folder for Ableton somehow, while this folder has always been a hidden folder and still is under Windows 8.

Easiest way, is to make a shortcut of Your ProgramData\Ableton folder to Your desktop. :wink:

Guillermo Barrancos

Post by Guillermo Barrancos » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:34 pm

I bought the Maschine MkII today.
Installed all the software. Downloaded the templates and put them in the right directories.
Then selected Live 9 in Maschine Editor.
Fired up Ableton Live 9 and set the Maschine as Controller in Midi Sync settings.

Works like a charm right out of the Box! :roll: :D

If you just follow the correct procedures, it works as intended.

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:20 pm

This is an old thread, but just thought I'd post my experience..

For my set up (Win7, x64), Live wouldn't recognize Maschine at all; the problem eventually turned out that Maschine was not installing its driver files to my HD. The setup program would not work, nor any of the downloaded "solutions" from NI. They installed correctly for other computers running Win7,x32.

After much screaming and shouting, I finally got NI to send me the actual folders for the driver files, and copied them to the correct location on my computer, which solved the problem.

But it took a LOT of screaming and shouting (the installer also wouldn't work for my audioKontrol, and I still have to use an old version... the new version installation fails in the same way....)

a tree

Post by a tree » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:19 am

Will the Maschine Audio Driver help with my situation? Running Win8 64. Everything's up to date.

I'm not getting Maschine MK2 "VIRTUAL" in/outs. Just plain ole Maschine MK2 in/outs... which someone had stated might be the problem. I don't even have it as an option in the drop down (inside Ableton).

It seems to be slightly working with Mackie selected but nothing like the control seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnP1RM788Z4

I did everything the OP spoke about and beyond.

I hope they're able to get me sorted out because it would be a huge waste of money, not to get this functioning the way it should. I hope this is all just user error in some way.