reverb suggestions

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
0fps
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:54 am
Location: Athens

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by 0fps » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 am

I like Live's reverb, but not to create "real" spaces. I use it more like an effect than an actual reverb.

For reverbs I think Tc Electronics is the flaship. MegaReverb, DVR2 and NonLin are awsome for all kind of music and for almost any purpose of use.

Shame TC quit support and development of Powercore :(
Live 8 Suite, MacPro@2.66 Quad/4G RAM,MacBook@2.00 DualCore/2G RAM, Motu Traveler, TC Powercore, Korg MS200R, Waldorf Blofeld, Akai APC 40, M-Audio Axiom25, Motu Digital Performer

Image

Rationalizer
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by Rationalizer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:09 am

0fps wrote:I like Live's reverb, but not to create "real" spaces. I use it more like an effect than an actual reverb.

For reverbs I think Tc Electronics is the flaship. MegaReverb, DVR2 and NonLin are awsome for all kind of music and for almost any purpose of use.

Shame TC quit support and development of Powercore :(
Yeah, I really like TC's reverbs also. But after 1,5 year of hassle with the drivers followed by TC's decision to drop the PoCo I didn't want to have anything to do with them. So I sold my poco.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

blakjesus
Posts: 95
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:58 am
Location: Atlanta
Contact:

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by blakjesus » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:17 am

Good to hear about what other Live users have been using for their reverb. I had no idea how bad Live's native reverb was until I tried a couple other 3rd party reverbs. I've been using Scarlett Reverb by Focusrite, but its not customizable enough for my taste so i have been wondering about what other good reverb plugins there are.

vladimotor
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:15 pm
Location: South Korea
Contact:

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by vladimotor » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:20 am


EnjoyRC
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:02 am
Location: USA

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by EnjoyRC » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Rationalizer wrote:Yeah, I really like TC's reverbs also. But after 1,5 year of hassle with the drivers followed by TC's decision to drop the PoCo I didn't want to have anything to do with them. So I sold my poco.
Same here.. just eBay'd mine. Now I'm Reverb shopping too.
MacBook Pro (MacOS 10.14.x) Surface Pro (Win 10)
(STUDIO I/O) MOTU UltraLite mk4 (w/ADA8200), (LIVE I/O) Behringer X Air XR18
Ableton Live Suite 10, Reason 10, Studio One 4

moonpie
Posts: 305
Joined: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:22 am

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by moonpie » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:03 pm

Waves have a sale on now, $25 for ir-l reverb. Meant to be a good convolution reverb. Needs ilok though.

Rationalizer
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by Rationalizer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:56 pm

moonpie wrote:Waves have a sale on now, $25 for ir-l reverb. Meant to be a good convolution reverb. Needs ilok though.
That's a good price though the reverb is 10 years old. Would be nice to hear some audio demos of it.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by 3phase » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:03 pm

Rationalizer wrote:
moonpie wrote:Waves have a sale on now, $25 for ir-l reverb. Meant to be a good convolution reverb. Needs ilok though.
That's a good price though the reverb is 10 years old. Would be nice to hear some audio demos of it.
there is a demo version
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Rationalizer
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by Rationalizer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:57 pm

3phase wrote:
Rationalizer wrote:
moonpie wrote:Waves have a sale on now, $25 for ir-l reverb. Meant to be a good convolution reverb. Needs ilok though.
That's a good price though the reverb is 10 years old. Would be nice to hear some audio demos of it.
there is a demo version
Thanks. Gonna take it for a little test drive.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

RoCi
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:38 am
Location: H-TOWN, Texas

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by RoCi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:22 pm

Pasha wrote:Sorry for my ignorance.
Can someone explain (not too technical please) what someone should expect from a modern reverb plug-in?
I thought Live Reverb was ok but I see you guys know more than I do.. so...

- Best
- Pasha
every reverb sounds different. and has its own character. thats the best way i can tell you.

RoCi
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:38 am
Location: H-TOWN, Texas

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by RoCi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:23 pm

what do you guys think about digital performers eVerb?

RoCi
Posts: 391
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:38 am
Location: H-TOWN, Texas

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by RoCi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:29 pm

RoCi wrote:what do you guys think about digital performers eVerb?
i meant proverb sorry. and is it useable in ableton?

H20nly
Posts: 15838
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: The Wild West

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:32 pm

i haven't used any of them... but alot of the Waves stuff is on sale right now. and by sale i don't mean 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50% off. i mean... you could spend the other 110 bucks on something else.


http://waves.com/



edit: whoops. i replied from the first page of the thread... neglected the other 2 pages. this has been mentioned. anyway... have a nice link.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

arbee
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:44 am
Location: québec city
Contact:

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by arbee » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:50 pm

my reverbs of choice are

D16 toraverb
uhbik-A
and
valhalla's products.

I suggest them all, the cheapest might be the new one at valhalla, the valhallaroom.

JAMM
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:03 pm

Re: reverb suggestions

Post by JAMM » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:57 pm

if you are on apple there is a free AU matrix reverb in the AU plugin folder.
Comes with OSX and with a few tweaks it sounds okay.

Post Reply