Blah blah you, and your 30% off!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Khazul

Re: Fuck you, and your 30% off!

Post by Khazul » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:39 pm

Bizon wrote:That’s nice and all but Ableton is a company that likes making money.

You may not like noobs but they bring the biggest chunk of money. Therefore, they should be enticed as much as possible (with bigger discounts).
Better idea - charge n00bs $1000 to be allowed to ask question here and distribute then money amongst those who answer :)

Were beta testers and tech support in reality.
Nothing to see here - move along!

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:07 pm

kb420 wrote:
beats me wrote:I was just trying to be realistic and anything below a 50% discount isn’t usually realistic.

Anything below a 50% discount isn't usually realistic, but giving it away free (100% discount) to new users is reality.

How'd that happen???? 8O

NI and Arturia have buy 2 get 1 free (or whatever) deals all the time.

I think (some) people would be less pissed on here if supporting Ableton didn’t feel like such an expensive venture compared to other DAW developers.

JAMM

Post by JAMM » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:06 pm

as a loyal lIVE suite owner i paid for several (minor)upgrades through the years so maybe it,s about time to get MFL for free.

Also think ableton should integrate MFL in LIVE and make it ONE package so that in the future everybody at ableton can concentrate on developing one package instead off two so that great devices like the granulator and other MFL devices can be used by everybody.

dredd i knight

Post by dredd i knight » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:10 pm

The Op got it right... We get live 8.... it's full of bugs and stability issues. We complain. We beta test the product, and report bugs for the next year. we lose features that were advertised (share). We get amp. New users get M4L...
That's fucked up....
Well it seems fucked up to me and the Op and maybe a few others, but really Im just a fuckin commie anyway.. :twisted:

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:11 pm

Tone Deft wrote:^YEAH!!

I CHANGE MY VOTE, I'M MAD AS HELL!!!

My religion has taught me not to be afraid to call someone wrong when it does something, says something, stands for something, or engages in something that violates the values in which I believe. In the text that follows, I won't bother discussing the flaws in Ableton's logic because it surely doesn't use any logic. Who else but Ableton would have the brass to make us the helpless puppets of our demographic labels? No one. And where does that brass come from? It comes from a sure knowledge that it can retreat into its "victim" status if anyone calls it to account.

Ableton is typical of stuporous quacks in its wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize its hijinks. Let us not sink to Ableton's level. Let us combat adversarialism by exercising our right to speak out, to denounce Ableton's bait-and-switch tactics as totally unrepresentative of the values of this society.

Ableton's goal is to undermine liberty in the name of liberty. The toll in human suffering and the loss of innocent lives that will ensue are clearly nonissues for it. I unequivocally reject Ableton's demands. And if that seems like a modest claim, I disagree. It's the most radical claim of all.

A central fault line runs through each of Ableton's roorbacks. Specifically, Ableton believes that the sky is falling. Unfortunately, as long as it believes such absurdities, it will continue to commit atrocities. Ableton's innate love of unilateralism occasionally shows through its mask of anti-unilateralism. It vehemently denies that, of course. But it obviously would because every time it gets caught trying to suppress all news that portrays it in a bad light, it promises it'll never do so again. Subsequently, its habitués always jump in and explain that it really shouldn't be blamed even if it does because, as they profess, the peak of fashion is to tinker about with a lot of halfway prescriptions.

In a similar vein, there are two sorts of people in this world. There are those who sweep Ableton's peccadillos under the rug, and there are those who free people from the spell of oligarchism that it has cast over them. Ableton fits neatly into the former category, of course. Ableton is thoroughly gung-ho about absenteeism because it lacks more pressing soapbox issues.

Anything may happen if Ableton is able to peonize and enslave its opponents. Scabrous fomenters of revolution may lash out at everyone and everything in sight. Irascible scofflaws may cheat on taxes. And careless, wicked dopeheads may deny that the academicism "debate" is not a debate. It is a harangue, a politically motivated, brilliantly publicized, featherbrained attack on progressive ideas.

Don't be intimidated by Ableton's threat to authorize, promote, celebrate, and legitimize pugnacious parasitism. It may be obvious but should nonetheless be acknowledged that Ableton certainly believes that it acts in the name of equality and social justice. Unfortunately for it, that's all in its imagination. Ableton needs to get out of that fictional world and get back to reality, where people can see that it always cavils at my attempts to maintain social tranquillity. That's probably because I know some sinister marauders who actually believe that newspapers should report only on items Ableton agrees with. Incredible? Those same people have told me that the sun rises just for it. With such people roaming about, it should come as no surprise to you that Ableton wants us to believe that we can solve all of our problems by giving it lots of money. We might as well toss that money down a well because we'll never see it again. What we will see, however, is that my position is that Ableton's "fund a vast web of sadistic lunkheads, morally crippled, petulant wimps, and the worst types of contentious yo-yos there are" mentality is so pervasive that I feel like I'm going to languish in prison on trumped-up charges. Ableton, in contrast, argues that emotionalism resonates with the body's natural alpha waves. This disagreement merely scratches the surface of the ideological chasm festering between me and Ableton. The only rational way to bridge this chasm is for it to admit that it believes that it is everyone's obligation to attack the very fabric of this nation. That view is anathema to the cause of liberty. If it is not loudly refuted our future will be dire indeed.

Ableton and its coadjutors are the worst kinds of craven, backwards vigilantes there are. This is not set down in complaint against them but merely as analysis. Ableton's morals sound so noble, but in fact Ableton is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Ableton and a pigeon is that Ableton intends to regiment the public mind as much as an army regiments the bodies of its soldiers. That's why on a television program last night I heard one of this country's top scientists conclude that, "What our nation needs is more respect for the law, not less." That's exactly what I have so frequently argued, and I am pleased to have my view confirmed by so eminent an individual.

If I understand Ableton's tracts correctly, then Ableton is the hands-down, flat-out, bar-none most cankered renegade I have ever seen. Am I being too harsh for writing that? Maybe I am, but that's really the only way you can push a point through to Ableton. Abusive, brassbound provincials serve as the priests in Ableton's cult of contumelious, patronizing masochism. These "priests" spend their days basking in Ableton's reflected glory, pausing only when Ableton instructs them to rally for a cause that is completely void of moral, ethical, or legal validity. What could be more bumptious? To help answer that question I will offer a single anecdote. A few weeks ago, I overheard some callous stool pigeon tell everyone who passed by that Ableton never engages in disgusting, foolhardy, or revolting politics. Astounded, I asked this person if he realized that I have had enough of Ableton's stolid wisecracks. Not only was his answer "no", but it was also news to him that Ableton recently stated that shrewish wheeler-dealers make the best scoutmasters and schoolteachers. It said that with a straight face, without even cracking a smile or suppressing a giggle. It said it as if it meant it. That's scary because it decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that Ableton fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility.

Ableton keeps saying that I and others who think it's a maladroit dunderhead are secretly using etheric attachment cords to drain people's karmic energy. This is exemplary of the nonsensical rhetoric and scaremongering that typifies the language of inconsiderate philosophasters and other unenlightened pissants. The implications of villainous, ridiculous mercantalism may seem theoretical, but they have concrete meaning for thousands of people. Ableton may find it inconceivable that for all its bombast about freedom, liberty, and tolerance, it still wants to replace Robert's Rules of Order with "facilitated consensus building" at all important meetings, but it'll come to its senses one day. To get even the simplest message into the consciousness of the worst sorts of hideous, merciless adolescents there are it has to be repeated at least fifty times. Now, I don't want to insult your intelligence by telling you the following fifty times, but Ableton likes doctoring evidence and classification systems and making lousy generalizations to support small-minded, preconceived views, which puts it somewhere between a selfish scatterbrain and a sophomoric bugger on the frotteurism org chart. Ableton's words are worse than the Black Death of olden times. That's all I have to say. Thank you for reading this letter.
lets round the boys up and beat the shit out of ableton live and m4l !!!!!!
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 pm

^ LOL - someone found auto-rant :)
Nothing to see here - move along!

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:12 am

dredd i knight wrote:The Op got it right... We get live 8.... it's full of bugs and stability issues. We complain. We beta test the product, and report bugs for the next year. we lose features that were advertised (share). We get amp. New users get M4L...
That's fucked up....
Well it seems fucked up to me and the Op and maybe a few others, but really Im just a fuckin commie anyway.. :twisted:
someone pointed out that the OP missed a sale, it happens. maybe he could've been more patient and waited, many posts have suggested that it would go on sale sooner or later but it's difficult to be that patient.

so how many other software product forums have threads living on them like "fuck you and your sale!"??

the OP could take a tip from this guy
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... ery-ticket
his coworkers pooled their money to buy a lottery ticket, he said meh. they won 319 million, he didn't. he's fine with it.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:01 am

dredd i knight wrote:The Op got it right... We get live 8.... it's full of bugs and stability issues. We complain. We beta test the product, and report bugs for the next year. we lose features that were advertised (share). We get amp. New users get M4L...
That's fucked up....
Concurred.

RCUS

Post by RCUS » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:26 am

That's fucked up....
co-signed.

smaucher

Post by smaucher » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:11 am

RCUS wrote:
That's fucked up....
co-signed.
+1
you start bleeding - I start sceaming
propaganda 1985

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 am

Tone Deft wrote:^YEAH!!

I CHANGE MY VOTE, I'M MAD AS HELL!!!

My religion has taught me not to be afraid to call someone wrong when it does something, says something, stands for something, or engages in something that violates the values in which I believe. In the text that follows, I won't bother discussing the flaws in Ableton's logic because it surely doesn't use any logic. Who else but Ableton would have the brass to make us the helpless puppets of our demographic labels? No one. And where does that brass come from? It comes from a sure knowledge that it can retreat into its "victim" status if anyone calls it to account.

Ableton is typical of stuporous quacks in its wild invocations to the irrational, the magic, and the fantastic to dramatize its hijinks. Let us not sink to Ableton's level. Let us combat adversarialism by exercising our right to speak out, to denounce Ableton's bait-and-switch tactics as totally unrepresentative of the values of this society.

Ableton's goal is to undermine liberty in the name of liberty. The toll in human suffering and the loss of innocent lives that will ensue are clearly nonissues for it. I unequivocally reject Ableton's demands. And if that seems like a modest claim, I disagree. It's the most radical claim of all.

A central fault line runs through each of Ableton's roorbacks. Specifically, Ableton believes that the sky is falling. Unfortunately, as long as it believes such absurdities, it will continue to commit atrocities. Ableton's innate love of unilateralism occasionally shows through its mask of anti-unilateralism. It vehemently denies that, of course. But it obviously would because every time it gets caught trying to suppress all news that portrays it in a bad light, it promises it'll never do so again. Subsequently, its habitués always jump in and explain that it really shouldn't be blamed even if it does because, as they profess, the peak of fashion is to tinker about with a lot of halfway prescriptions.

In a similar vein, there are two sorts of people in this world. There are those who sweep Ableton's peccadillos under the rug, and there are those who free people from the spell of oligarchism that it has cast over them. Ableton fits neatly into the former category, of course. Ableton is thoroughly gung-ho about absenteeism because it lacks more pressing soapbox issues.

Anything may happen if Ableton is able to peonize and enslave its opponents. Scabrous fomenters of revolution may lash out at everyone and everything in sight. Irascible scofflaws may cheat on taxes. And careless, wicked dopeheads may deny that the academicism "debate" is not a debate. It is a harangue, a politically motivated, brilliantly publicized, featherbrained attack on progressive ideas.

Don't be intimidated by Ableton's threat to authorize, promote, celebrate, and legitimize pugnacious parasitism. It may be obvious but should nonetheless be acknowledged that Ableton certainly believes that it acts in the name of equality and social justice. Unfortunately for it, that's all in its imagination. Ableton needs to get out of that fictional world and get back to reality, where people can see that it always cavils at my attempts to maintain social tranquillity. That's probably because I know some sinister marauders who actually believe that newspapers should report only on items Ableton agrees with. Incredible? Those same people have told me that the sun rises just for it. With such people roaming about, it should come as no surprise to you that Ableton wants us to believe that we can solve all of our problems by giving it lots of money. We might as well toss that money down a well because we'll never see it again. What we will see, however, is that my position is that Ableton's "fund a vast web of sadistic lunkheads, morally crippled, petulant wimps, and the worst types of contentious yo-yos there are" mentality is so pervasive that I feel like I'm going to languish in prison on trumped-up charges. Ableton, in contrast, argues that emotionalism resonates with the body's natural alpha waves. This disagreement merely scratches the surface of the ideological chasm festering between me and Ableton. The only rational way to bridge this chasm is for it to admit that it believes that it is everyone's obligation to attack the very fabric of this nation. That view is anathema to the cause of liberty. If it is not loudly refuted our future will be dire indeed.

Ableton and its coadjutors are the worst kinds of craven, backwards vigilantes there are. This is not set down in complaint against them but merely as analysis. Ableton's morals sound so noble, but in fact Ableton is like a stray pigeon. Pigeons are too self-absorbed to care about anyone else. They poo on people they don't like; they poo on people they don't even know. The only real difference between Ableton and a pigeon is that Ableton intends to regiment the public mind as much as an army regiments the bodies of its soldiers. That's why on a television program last night I heard one of this country's top scientists conclude that, "What our nation needs is more respect for the law, not less." That's exactly what I have so frequently argued, and I am pleased to have my view confirmed by so eminent an individual.

If I understand Ableton's tracts correctly, then Ableton is the hands-down, flat-out, bar-none most cankered renegade I have ever seen. Am I being too harsh for writing that? Maybe I am, but that's really the only way you can push a point through to Ableton. Abusive, brassbound provincials serve as the priests in Ableton's cult of contumelious, patronizing masochism. These "priests" spend their days basking in Ableton's reflected glory, pausing only when Ableton instructs them to rally for a cause that is completely void of moral, ethical, or legal validity. What could be more bumptious? To help answer that question I will offer a single anecdote. A few weeks ago, I overheard some callous stool pigeon tell everyone who passed by that Ableton never engages in disgusting, foolhardy, or revolting politics. Astounded, I asked this person if he realized that I have had enough of Ableton's stolid wisecracks. Not only was his answer "no", but it was also news to him that Ableton recently stated that shrewish wheeler-dealers make the best scoutmasters and schoolteachers. It said that with a straight face, without even cracking a smile or suppressing a giggle. It said it as if it meant it. That's scary because it decries or dismisses capitalism, technology, industrialization, and systems of government borne of Enlightenment ideas about the dignity and freedom of human beings. These are the things that Ableton fears because they are wedded to individual initiative and responsibility.

Ableton keeps saying that I and others who think it's a maladroit dunderhead are secretly using etheric attachment cords to drain people's karmic energy. This is exemplary of the nonsensical rhetoric and scaremongering that typifies the language of inconsiderate philosophasters and other unenlightened pissants. The implications of villainous, ridiculous mercantalism may seem theoretical, but they have concrete meaning for thousands of people. Ableton may find it inconceivable that for all its bombast about freedom, liberty, and tolerance, it still wants to replace Robert's Rules of Order with "facilitated consensus building" at all important meetings, but it'll come to its senses one day. To get even the simplest message into the consciousness of the worst sorts of hideous, merciless adolescents there are it has to be repeated at least fifty times. Now, I don't want to insult your intelligence by telling you the following fifty times, but Ableton likes doctoring evidence and classification systems and making lousy generalizations to support small-minded, preconceived views, which puts it somewhere between a selfish scatterbrain and a sophomoric bugger on the frotteurism org chart. Ableton's words are worse than the Black Death of olden times. That's all I have to say. Thank you for reading this letter.
didn't read it, Lol!

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:01 am

CFM wrote:I think this issue highlights the rather dated sales model most (and not just ableton) employ. I say give a limited version of the software for free and sell support packages and unlock better features. I’m sure many people would pay $150 per year for all features unlocked, free upgrades and versions for a year.

Currently the problem for users of version 8 is that…these people are already using LIVE. Ableton need to tempt new users and those who may have drifted away… all the more for giving away a locked version as above.
the problem is that people using live 8 are using an unstable beta version with features that it was announced with that doesn't work and/or got stripped, and they expect us to pay for more.
that's the problem. i love live but they have totally lost my loyalty, and i'm sure alot of other users are in my position aswell.

Poster

Post by Poster » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:17 am

friend_kami wrote:
CFM wrote:I think this issue highlights the rather dated sales model most (and not just ableton) employ. I say give a limited version of the software for free and sell support packages and unlock better features. I’m sure many people would pay $150 per year for all features unlocked, free upgrades and versions for a year.

Currently the problem for users of version 8 is that…these people are already using LIVE. Ableton need to tempt new users and those who may have drifted away… all the more for giving away a locked version as above.
the problem is that people using live 8 are using an unstable beta version with features that it was announced with that doesn't work and/or got stripped, and they expect us to pay for more.
that's the problem. i love live but they have totally lost my loyalty, and i'm sure alot of other users are in my position aswell.
while I sympathize with the stability issues Max for Live is not the same product as Live..
So yes you pay for more, but because you're buying a different product, for which you get a 30% reduction..

shlomo

Post by shlomo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:47 am

beats me wrote:Maybe Ableton should take a page from Apple’s playbook.

Logic or Logic Express. Those are your options, period.

Major upgrade every 3-5 years.

No random discounts ever.

Simple. These types of debates don’t happen.
and before that?
i bought version 6 (almost 1000$)
than upgrade to 7 (200$)
than all the jam packs (6x150$)
than upgrade for UB (20 or so $)
than 8 came (500$ for new) with all the jam packs and they required another 200$ for upgrade...
what were my options back then?

btw, i dont upgrade Logic anymore :P

wildcon

Post by wildcon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:48 am

i love live but they have totally lost my loyalty, and i'm sure alot of other users are in my position aswell.
I am most definitely in your position.

From being a complete fanboy since version 3, I have become more and more disilussioned.

I recently got Logic Express, mainly for guitar recording, and you got a serious amount of stuff for your money! Ableton Live seems really overpriced for what you are getting and having to 'purchase' every synth, amp etc sucks imo.

Oh and don't get me started on the bugs :)

I (and I suspect many others) will continue as there is no real alternative with session view, which I still love.
MacBook Pro, Mojave, Live 10, Logic Pro X, UAD Apollo & Satellites, UAD, NI Komplete, Izotope, Korg, Audio Damage, Fabfilter, Waves plugs.