Custom made Novation stand

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
Raychem
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:26 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Custom made Novation stand

Post by Raychem » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:08 am

I just wanted to share this custom made Novation gig stand made for the Launchpad and Remote Zero. The Remote Zero just slides onto the top shelf plus the laptop, Launchpad to the front along with external hard drive and the soundcard and the whole unit fits perfectly on must turntables you'll find in a club so I can just place all my gear right there!

Image

Image

Yoseph
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:44 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by Yoseph » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:15 am

:P

S4racen
Posts: 5208
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:08 pm
Location: Dunstable
Contact:

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by S4racen » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:32 am

Awesome!

Cherrs
D

IP
Posts: 751
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Greece

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by IP » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:47 pm

damn!
great future for the 1200's :lol:

Tweaking Knobs
Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:50 pm

cool , but it doesnt seem stable fot the lauch pad of you play it with "passion" it seems is going to lower and make you laptop jump.


how stable is it ?

Raychem
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:26 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by Raychem » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Tweaking Knobs wrote:cool , but it doesnt seem stable fot the lauch pad of you play it with "passion" it seems is going to lower and make you laptop jump.


how stable is it ?
It is actually very stable so it's not a problem, and if there was I could just put something like this over the unit and under the turntable. Even a belt would work :)

Image

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by friend_kami » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:37 pm

so how are you supposed to play around with that turntable then, since the stuff sits ontop of it?

Tarekith
Posts: 17333
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 11:46 pm
Location: Ableton Forum Administrator
Contact:

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by Tarekith » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:14 pm

Looks really nice. That's all wood I assume?

Raychem
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:26 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by Raychem » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:40 pm

friend_kami wrote:so how are you supposed to play around with that turntable then, since the stuff sits ontop of it?
Well, I don't really use the turntable when I'm playing live. The turntable could be used though just for playing records but some turntableism would not be recommended.

The reason I designed it to fit on a turntable is because most clubs I've played at only have a small booth for dj's with no extra space for other gear so with this stand I don't need that extra space for my equipment.

Raychem
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:26 am
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by Raychem » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Tarekith wrote:Looks really nice. That's all wood I assume?
It is made out of 12mm MDF. The top and bottom can be taken apart so they fit perfectly in my flightcase.

Hielo Patagonia Sounds
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:47 am
Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
Contact:

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by Hielo Patagonia Sounds » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Flótt ! :D

Hédi K.

friend_kami
Posts: 2255
Joined: Mon May 29, 2006 10:10 pm

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by friend_kami » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:11 pm

Raychem wrote:
friend_kami wrote:so how are you supposed to play around with that turntable then, since the stuff sits ontop of it?
Well, I don't really use the turntable when I'm playing live. The turntable could be used though just for playing records but some turntableism would not be recommended.

The reason I designed it to fit on a turntable is because most clubs I've played at only have a small booth for dj's with no extra space for other gear so with this stand I don't need that extra space for my equipment.
ok. just checking, was a bit suprised that you desined to stand ontop of a turntable, should use that live. but if you don't i guess it makes alot more sense. :)

3phase
Posts: 4648
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Custom made Novation stand

Post by 3phase » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:16 pm

wow..you placed the foot switch matrix just in front of you.. dont you need a bigger screen to see what is on the display from this distance?
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Post Reply