can I have deep access in drum rack presets ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
arbee

can I have deep access in drum rack presets ?

Post by arbee » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:08 pm

hello people,

I don't use drum rack kit presets really often and I guess you can tell from this very basic question.

so I have a track that I work with a friend for some time now, there is a drum rack kit preset used in it. now I find myself wanting to change some stuff on the drum kit but the drum rack won't let me. I cannot seem to find a way to edit individual hits of the drum rack like I usually can, I only have access to those 8 macro knobs that affects all of the hits. plus, I cannot even replace any of the drum cells by another sample. I tried some stuff yesterday and got pissed and went to bed. my friend and I thought that the only thing to do would be to recreate the drums using a brand new drum rack with empty cells and start from scratch.

that would be kind of frustrating. I would like to know if you guys know how to help me out.

thanks a lot,
arbsz

Dexes

Re: can I have deep access in drum rack presets ?

Post by Dexes » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Quite a few of the drum rack presets in the library use instrument racks containing the operator synth. Like with the other instrument racks you'll only be able to unfold them to access controls beyond the macros if you own the instruments inside.

arbee

Post by arbee » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Dexes wrote:Quite a few of the drum rack presets in the library use instrument racks containing the operator synth. Like with the other instrument racks you'll only be able to unfold them to access controls beyond the macros if you own the instruments inside.
oh yeah okay. the preset I'm talking about is the 808 one with the delay. since I don't have the suite and I don't have the sampler... I guess it's because of the sampler that I cannot unfold it ?!?

that is too bad, I guess I have no choice than recreating the kit from scratch.

thanks for the help dexes !!

Dexes

Post by Dexes » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:01 pm

Even the 808 kit uses operator. The original sampled 808 kit comes with the drum machines live pack.

The simpler included in live is actually the sampler with fewer controls. So one can create a patch with the sampler and then right click and select "sampler > simpler" so anyone can use it. Those are the patches that just have a gray background and say something like multi-sample mode where the waveform is usually displayed

arbee

Post by arbee » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:08 pm

yeah well I guess I gotta live with it :(

it will takes some work..................... damn ! thanks a lot dexes.