operator ? WTF!!!!!!!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
bankz
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:13 pm

operator ? WTF!!!!!!!!

Post by bankz » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:27 pm

Hey ableton thanks for the new overpriced synth, It should be free for all REGISTERED users of ver 4.0 but then again it's typical!

Ableton your sleezy!

FaX-01
Posts: 1483
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:58 am

Re: operator ? WTF!!!!!!!!

Post by FaX-01 » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:47 pm

bankz wrote:Hey ableton thanks for the new overpriced synth, It should be free for all REGISTERED users of ver 4.0 but then again it's typical!

Ableton your sleezy!

Oh God not this again please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What rock did you just crawl out from anyway ?
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

mcconaghy
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:04 pm
Location: Milford, CT USA
Contact:

Re: operator ? WTF!!!!!!!!

Post by mcconaghy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 2:41 pm

bankz wrote:Ableton your sleezy!
Y-o-u apostrophe r-e means you are

y-o-u-r means your

muthafunka
Posts: 2241
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:28 pm
Location: Tokyo

Post by muthafunka » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:50 pm

Typical in what way? Sleazy in what way?

Puh-lease

bankz
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:13 pm

Post by bankz » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:08 pm

yeahh yeahhh you all work for Ableton.... Support Ableton and I support ZONE & RADIUM bitchezzz

mosca
Posts: 1110
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:16 pm

Post by mosca » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:14 pm

i get my abletons for free

perks of the job

Amberience
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:09 am
Location: London, UK

Post by Amberience » Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:28 pm

Ok. I'm not going to flame you. But recognise this:

Operator is a seperate PRODUCT. Its not a part of Live 4.1.

Operator is an OPTIONAL buy. If you want it, you BUY it.

The reason is because Operator is a SEPERATE product.

Its SEPERATE because Ableton are a BUSINESS and need to EAT FOOD as much as the REST OF THE WORLD.

conny
Posts: 3237
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:20 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by conny » Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:24 pm

PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

ditroiamusic
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:43 pm

Post by ditroiamusic » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:44 pm

I can't believe there is still talk of Operator. I posted about it but the price isn't the problem for me. I just don't really need another FM synth right now. Like the above post said, its a different product. Because you paid for Ableton (which some of you didn't but whatever), Ableton shouldn't sell any more products. That's like saying Propellerhead shouldn't sell any Refills since you bought Reason.

braj
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:35 am
Contact:

Post by braj » Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:27 pm

Amberience wrote:Operator is a seperate PRODUCT. Its not a part of Live 4.1.
That's not really true, it comes with Live, you can't get Live without it (yet anyway), and can't be used without Live. I don't see how it's 'separate'. :?:

I understand your point, but think of it this way: if I buy a car that has a turbo installed, I paid for the company to manufacture the turbo, but then I can't use it unless I pay an extra fee, it seems a bit insulting. Software is different I know, but having the demo bundled makes you constantly reminded you don't have the complete package. And men don't like to be reminded they have a small package :oops:

ditroiamusic
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:43 pm

Post by ditroiamusic » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:13 am

I do see your point in a way. I do wish there was a way of uninstalling if you don't want or need it right now. Cause there may be a time when I want to mess with it and program the hell out of it and then I can't save any of it. But then again....if that happens I'll buy it :).

AdamJay
Posts: 4757
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Indianapolis, USA

Re: operator ? WTF!!!!!!!!

Post by AdamJay » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:26 am

bankz wrote:Hey ableton thanks for the new overpriced synth, It should be free for all REGISTERED users of ver 4.0 but then again it's typical!

Ableton your sleezy!
answer me this... PLEASE ANSWER. i've asked this question to EVERY user who has asked for a free version to registered users... and no one will answer. its not a rhetorical question...

soo, here goes.

IF it were FREE to REGISTERED users. Then that would mean non-registered users would have to pay right? Well how in the hell could a non-registered user USE A SYNTH to its full capacity if it requires a REGISTERED VERSION OF LIVE?

AdamJay
Posts: 4757
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Indianapolis, USA

Post by AdamJay » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:29 am

braj wrote:
Amberience wrote:Operator is a seperate PRODUCT. Its not a part of Live 4.1.
That's not really true, it comes with Live, you can't get Live without it (yet anyway), and can't be used without Live. I don't see how it's 'separate'. :?:
:
well, it isn't Ableton Live. and not being something is the definition of "Seperate"

as for the definition of "Product"
prod·uct
Pronunciation: 'prä-"d&kt
Function: noun
1 : the result of work or thought
2 a : the output of an industry or firm

yea, it qualifies as a product i think. and it isn't a sequencer or sampler or anything that Live is. therefore... taaa daaaa = SEPERATE PRODUCT.

just buy it. its worth the money. i love it. if you love it, but it. if you don't then don't.

AdamJay
Posts: 4757
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 7:17 pm
Location: Indianapolis, USA

Post by AdamJay » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:33 am

Its kinda like asking Akai to not charge for the multiple outputs card for the MPC2000XL. there's a SLOT to put the card, and the card won't work in any other machine.

but it is a seperate product with a seperate product number, and no one bitches about having to shell out another $249 to add this function to their MPC's.

don't listen to these moanings Ableton. Operator rocks and keep up the good work.

siddhu
Posts: 568
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 10:39 am
Location: surface of the earth
Contact:

Well Put

Post by siddhu » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:41 am

Thanks for the very excellent metaphor Adam! I can't believe the whining that's going on in this forum.

No one complains when other companies build "proprietary" add ons for other hardware, softs, os's , etc.

Why is it soooooooooooooo hard to see that Ableton is trying to build a suite of instruments to be used in Live that expand and develop the Live concept.

Post Reply