Upgrade to Live 8 full now or wait?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply
XSIMan
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Upgrade to Live 8 full now or wait?

Post by XSIMan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:29 am

Think I'm going to upgrade Live 8 lite to live 8 full in a week seen a lot of talk about Live 9.
Should I still upgrade or will I end up buying it a second time within the same year?
Last edited by XSIMan on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rabalder
Posts: 1089
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:03 am
Location: Norway

Re: Upgrade to Live 8 full now or wait?

Post by Rabalder » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:54 am

All the talk about v9 is wishfull thinking from the users.. Nobody really knows anything.

Tweaking Knobs
Posts: 1162
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Live 8 full now or wait?

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:54 am

wait...


but who knows actually when 9 will come...

:?

Rationalizer
Posts: 1307
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Live 8 full now or wait?

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:05 am

XSIMan wrote:Think I'm going to upgrade Live 8 lite to live 8 full in a week seen a lot of talk about Live 9.
Should I still upgrade or will I end up buying it a second time within the same year?
If you need the full version, then upgrade. Or you can just wait for Live 10 (they say it'll come after 9).
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

ansiaaa
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:57 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Upgrade to Live 8 full now or wait?

Post by ansiaaa » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:07 am

9 is not going to come out in the next couple of months don't worry, and buy the upgrade now that there is this good offer, you won't regret it.

XSIMan
Posts: 552
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:22 pm
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Upgrade to Live 8 full now or wait?

Post by XSIMan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:27 am

Ok i'll get it upgraded thanks for the replies dont think I could live with four instruments max for another week.

rsaulo
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:47 am
Location: Working

Re: Upgrade to Live 8 full now or wait?

Post by rsaulo » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:54 am

If you really need, upgrade.

And if you want a great deal IMO, you can upgrade to Suite and get M4L too if you have $$...

Moody
Posts: 2115
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:47 pm

Re: Upgrade to Live 8 full now or wait?

Post by Moody » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:40 pm

Get Suite and the free M4L offer. I doubt you will regret it now or in the future.
Ableton’s engineers are hard
at work developing code that will allow our software to predict the future, but we don’t
anticipate having this available until at least the next major release.

Post Reply