TouchAble 1.2 released -new Module: multi-dots XY PAD

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Anubis

Re: TouchAble 1.2 released -new Module: multi-dots XY PAD

Post by Anubis » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:03 pm

djpad wrote:
Anubis wrote: Hey wait a minute! On the HD vid @ 2 2:28, theres this grid thing with dots on it. What is that? I didn't get that module on my version. 8O
It's just seems to be an eq8 visualized on the ipad (try it you should get that:p)
btw really cool demo video
That would be it. For some strange reason I haven't used any of the inbuilt Live devices with TouchAble. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try it out later.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:40 pm

We hope to release a manual for the XY pad during the weekend - till then you are on your own

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:22 pm

john gordon wrote:We hope to release a manual for the XY pad during the weekend - till then you are on your own

no worries john - it's on the way. And as said: we hoped to release it - release times are heavy times - especially for a small company like ours

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:01 pm

john gordon wrote:We hope to release a manual for the XY pad during the weekend - till then you are on your own
All this amazing stuff makes me change my mind about an iPad.
Being $$$ always a constraint, is your family of apps working on older iPad1?
Any advantage about getting iPad2? The current offering in retailer's shops is 379 Euros for iPad1 16GB (enough I guess for this) and 100 Euro more for iPad2...
What's your strategic direction as developers? Will you support iPad 1 for the future or jump onto A5 dual core?
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Pasha wrote:
Any advantage about getting iPad2? The current offering in retailer's shops is 379 Euros for iPad1 16GB (enough I guess for this) and 100 Euro more for iPad2...
What's your strategic direction as developers? Will you support iPad 1 for the future or jump onto A5 dual core?
We got ourselves an iPad 2 to test out version 1.2 on it - we were blown away by the speed. Cranked a few settings within touchAble that bring the iPad 1 to a screaming halt - the ipad 2 stayed fluent most of the time.
You can expect a lot more drawing heavy apps to come - the 2nd gen is blazing fast in that department.

So if you have the choice right now: For Music apps don't bother with the first gen - get the second!
We will of course keep touchAble usable on a first gen ipad (latest version works flawlessly)- but there will definitely be some candy for users of the 2nd gen in the future!

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:44 am

the long awaited touchAble multi-Ball XY Pad Manual is finally available!

http://www.touch-able.com/Site/FILES/Manual-XY-PAD.pdf

Our apologizes for the little delay.

Pasha

Post by Pasha » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:34 am

rabouille wrote:
Pasha wrote:
We got ourselves an iPad 2 to test out version 1.2 on it - we were blown away by the speed. Cranked a few settings within touchAble that bring the iPad 1 to a screaming halt - the ipad 2 stayed fluent most of the time.
You can expect a lot more drawing heavy apps to come - the 2nd gen is blazing fast in that department.

So if you have the choice right now: For Music apps don't bother with the first gen - get the second!
We will of course keep touchAble usable on a first gen ipad (latest version works flawlessly)- but there will definitely be some candy for users of the 2nd gen in the future!
Thanks!
Mac Studio M1
Live 12 Suite,Zebra ,Valhalla Plugins, MIDI Guitar (2+3),Guitar, Bass, VG99, GP10, JV1010 and some controllers

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:55 am

rabouille wrote:Connection guide revised for Mac users : http://touch-able.com/Site/Setup-Guide_Mac.html
Hey rabouille, the connection guide as posted in your forum for an ad hoc on win 7 (64-bit) is lacking some important pieces of the puzzle. I would like to help clarify the issue as I've been enjoying a flawless ad hoc but I can't register on your forum. I think there's a glitch. Every time I try is says verification incomplete or some such nonsense. Can you send me a temporary password or something? If I send you an email?

Anyhoo there are two major sticking points:

1) When trying to join the newly created ad hoc from a previous WiFi connection, TouchAble still retains the IP address from that WiFi session internally. I had to restart my iPad 2 and then it prompts you for the new IP to connect to the ad hoc.

2) The proper place to change the IPV4 properties from automatic to a static address is in the Alternate Configuration tab instead of the General tab. This will allow a seamless transition from WiFi to ad hoc in Win 7.

But either way, thanks to the step-by-step from your forum I can now do what had eluded me forever, attain an ad hoc connection in Win 7!
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

djpad

Post by djpad » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Anubis wrote: 1) When trying to join the newly created ad hoc from a previous WiFi connection, TouchAble still retains the IP address from that WiFi session internally. I had to restart my iPad 2 and then it prompts you for the new IP to connect to the ad hoc.
I agree that would be really cool if there were a way to return to the connect screen in the apps, but Anubis do you know that you can only kill touchable instead of restarting the ipad2 (with double press on home button then long press on an apps)

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:28 pm

djpad wrote: I agree that would be really cool if there were a way to return to the connect screen in the apps, but Anubis do you know that you can only kill touchable instead of restarting the ipad2 (with double press on home button then long press on an apps)
Thanks dj, I had no idea you could do that. I should really read the manual. lol So, I double press that little round button then touch the app? While still holding down the round button? I know i'm gonna break that little button sooner than later. I hope it's covered under warranty. :|
miTunes

djpad

Post by djpad » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:41 pm

In fact when you double press the home button you'll see at the bottom of the screen the running apps, then when you long press on an apps (no more need to press the home button) the icon began to wobble and then if you press the red sign on the touchable icon it will close the app it finally press twice the home button to go back to home screen. It can be useful^^

rabouille

Post by rabouille » Fri May 06, 2011 8:24 am

For those who want to control Midi CCs with new touchAble XY PAD prior to a future implementation, There is a nice little MaxforLive device that can handle mapping of the TouchAble XY Pad controller and output midi CC:

http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device.php?id=54