Able-Tones Music fest SIGN UP HERE :)....................

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pax

Post by pax » Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:50 pm

Who wants to be arranger?
I can arrange, slice-dice anything sent my way in to something new... or graft tin whistle diddy to guitar riff in key of E... as the case may be.

PM me for details/info/questions/

ct43

Post by ct43 » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:35 pm

I think this is a cool idea :D ill do whatever really, im easy... heres the things I can do..

Mixer
Drum Programing
Arranging
Work a bit of a tune out :D (though im no keyboard player)
General Sound FX / Design

I think this could be great, a bit of fun if nothing else... I suppose we would have to take it in turns work on the file woudlnt we? Say somebody starts it off, then pass it to the nest person (well via the FTP anyway) .... or I suppose we could work on some elements at the same time.... what does everbody think?

16 BIT

Post by 16 BIT » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:14 am

Good to see a few folks signing up for this.

Some are still a little shy perhaps?

Come on all you skulkers out there you know you want to get involved :wink:

It has been suggested that something like this would take a long time and need serious organisation. Not really. I was involved in one of these music fests where everone was using different gear. Working with MP3's, WAV, PC's MAC, 2"tape. You name it the format was there. That one was a mammoth task and it was pulled off. nine teams in total with around sixty people involved.

As CT43 suggested above it would work much like he suggests. Some one would start a riff, chord progression, noise, drum pattern or anything else they like, upload it and then the next person adds their bit

More Able-Tones are needed

:wink:

mikemc

How about a Theme?

Post by mikemc » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:12 am

I would like to propose a theme for this festival: the tracks we come up with are in some way inspired/related to/named after a Live feature or effect. For example "Table Tennis", in honor of the Ping Pong Delay; "Eat Wirms" in honor of the Grain Delay; "Snap to Grid" in honor of the feature by the same name... etc.

:D What do you think?
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

Ambioun - Techno Man

Post by Ambioun - Techno Man » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:33 am

Hey I'm heading to bed but count me in.
I can do keys/synths and FX. So tell me what to do.

MY AIM is Phoenix909808 and ill be on tomorrow. Contact me if i can be on a team. Thanks.

Screen

Post by Screen » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:33 am

hey sounds a good idea, i'm mega busy, but wld like to support this in some way.
Even if its just offering just some guitar riffs/chops.

I'll also speak to my mate in Brighton and some L4 users down there he knows.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:46 am

Emissary

1) Drum Programming
2) mixing
3) Sound design
4) making things Really f*cking scary

I'd be up for taking someones idea and doing a bit of fecking it uperry

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:03 pm

It would be great if we could Actaully get Ableton to set up some sort of extension to there site that could really deal with this ace idea.

We could have the first online band record label (well as far as I know, and I'm usually wrong) . If we could set up some kind of place where there is a free and simple exchange of files between people. You could log onto the site as a member of your paticular band and then have instant connection with your band mates.

Sod actually having to meet each other. Who needs that nowadays anyways.

Is anyone a kick ass website developer that could design this website and offer it up to the ableton's . This idea has got me really psyched!, 16 bit you need to e-mail the abe's with this idea and lets get the clought of the ace peeps in this forum to back it up. Lets turn all this negativity that has been around here lately into something flipping cool. Our very own Ableton record label, run by the people , for the people. Anyone else think this is a good idea?

conny

Post by conny » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:29 pm

Good initatyive.
I would be glad to be a studio-hang-around, if that's an option. Listening, commenting, that stuff.
// C
PC Laptop Acer, XP Home SP2, build in crappy sound card.
Bleeps and Blops!
http://bluemoose.greatnow.com/

filarion

Post by filarion » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:37 pm

sounds a lot like CAPE at the MARSH forums, but more electronic in direction. count me in!

1. fieldrecordings
2. nord mod patching
3. guitar

Strauzzie

Post by Strauzzie » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:19 pm

Hey all, I'd love to throw my hat in the ring. I can offer:

1) melody line / hook concentration
2) acoustic guitar
3) drums - live or programmed
4) FX
5) a dedicated 20 Gb FTP site.

How are we deciding the makeup of teams? Random? Or should they just come together?

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:38 pm

I was thinking of making a list of all the people here with the respective skills they have to offer in a spreadsheet kind of format (html friendly) and then make a vote thread so people can choose which team they wish to be in with whome. That way if anyone on the forum REALLY has been itching to work with someone in specific, they can use this to provide that opportunity.. what do you guys think of that?

I would be keen to hear from 16bit how the teams were formed in the other remixfests he has been involved in.

Benshik

Post by Benshik » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:54 pm

If some of you are interested into making an “IPM” song (intelligent pop music ;) ), I can provide some acceptable lyrics (Me write in ze good Ingleesh!)

I can also provide a “song concept” that together we bring to life.
Im open to everything from retro funk to punkish flamenco

Oh, and I can sing pitch perfect… if our mastering engineer has got Melodyne!!!

Tommy Genes

Post by Tommy Genes » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:59 pm

I'm interested, and I (or Tommy Genes' alter ego) can offer:

1. Electric bass (22 years playing/recording)
2. A little electric guitar
3. Subtle to freaky effects on 1 and 2
4. Other laptop shenanigans...

I agree with sweetjesus that we need some way to actually form the teams. I've seen other attempts at this sort of thing where you just ended up with a forum thread full of people saying "I'm interested", but no one actually forming into groups.

-- T. G. --

sweetjesus

Post by sweetjesus » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:28 pm

Tommy Genes wrote: I agree with sweetjesus that we need some way to actually form the teams. I've seen other attempts at this sort of thing where you just ended up with a forum thread full of people saying "I'm interested", but no one actually forming into groups.

-- T. G. --
Cheers,

2 ways i envision - make a thread for each team (Team A, Team B) and if someone want's to be part of a specific team make an additional post in the related thread.

Otherwise, when it seems as though we have enough people to contribute, I will make a simple page on my server where you go there, click on the team you want to join and then type your ableton nickname and your email address and your skills and voila it puts you on the list of that team.