The axiom pro can now play drums in Impulse.

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Eunjihan

The axiom pro can now play drums in Impulse.

Post by Eunjihan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:10 pm

Hi all, I upgraded to a 64 bit Windows 7 OS and I downloaded the latest Axiom Pro 64 bit driver from M-Audio. When I plugged my axiom pro 49 into my 64 bit system for the first time, a new firmware update was automatically installed and now I can play drums with Impulse. Yay! Thanks whoever is responsible for this bug fix. Unfortunately, none of the parameters like transpose or stretch can be manipulated, which is a pain.

Also, when I want to play regular drumkits, I have to go into transport mode to get at the kick and the snare, otherwise my pads are triggering off bongos and timbrals in the upper reaches of the drum kit.

Hmmm, swings and roundabouts.

Eun Ji Han.

HeadrickProductions

Re: The axiom pro can now play drums in Impulse.

Post by HeadrickProductions » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:06 pm

Eunjihan wrote:Hi all, I upgraded to a 64 bit Windows 7 OS and I downloaded the latest Axiom Pro 64 bit driver from M-Audio. When I plugged my axiom pro 49 into my 64 bit system for the first time, a new firmware update was automatically installed and now I can play drums with Impulse. Yay! Thanks whoever is responsible for this bug fix. Unfortunately, none of the parameters like transpose or stretch can be manipulated, which is a pain.

Also, when I want to play regular drumkits, I have to go into transport mode to get at the kick and the snare, otherwise my pads are triggering off bongos and timbrals in the upper reaches of the drum kit.

Hmmm, swings and roundabouts.

Eun Ji Han.

thanks for the heads up. I missed that they released updates as well as updates for reason/record.

Hopefully this clears up all the issues they were having with reason/record win 7 64 bit :P
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

Eunjihan

Re: The axiom pro can now play drums in Impulse.

Post by Eunjihan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:27 pm

No problem. I never used Record/Reason. I would love to get my hands on it (or any 64 bit DAW). Getting a bit tired freezing and flattening my tracks from East West sample libraries.