Help figuring out shortcut...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
IRunGameEP

Help figuring out shortcut...

Post by IRunGameEP » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:14 pm

I have an Impulse on Midi 1, and I have 8 audio tracks. I map each Impulse cell to its own audio track by selecting audio from - Impulse, then selecting the impulse cell I want in that particular track. Doing this for all 8 is ridiculous. I know in Pro Tools if you highlight a few bus tracks, hold command + option + shift and click on the input, it will map bus 1, input 1, bus 2, input 2 etc. Does Live have a shortcut like this. It would make my life a hell of a lot easier.

Tamar UK

Re: Help figuring out shortcut...

Post by Tamar UK » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:41 pm

Sorry i have no answer but thanks for the cool tip on sending impulse cells to their own track, i didnt know it could do that :)

ramangill

Post by ramangill » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:47 pm

IRunGameEP wrote:I have an Impulse on Midi 1, and I have 8 audio tracks. I map each Impulse cell to its own audio track by selecting audio from - Impulse, then selecting the impulse cell I want in that particular track. Doing this for all 8 is ridiculous. I know in Pro Tools if you highlight a few bus tracks, hold command + option + shift and click on the input, it will map bus 1, input 1, bus 2, input 2 etc. Does Live have a shortcut like this. It would make my life a hell of a lot easier.
Why would you route a cell to its own track? For effects use? If so, you can always apply effects to each cell. If not, I would be curious to know...who knows...maybe it is a cool method that I never thought of.
MacPro(1,1)
MOTU 828 mk3, Axiom Pro49, Akai MPD32, LiquidMix 16
Live 8, NOMAD Factory Plugins Suite, FabFilter Plugin Suite, PSP Vintage Collection
NERVE, Sylenth1, NEXUS2, Arturia Analog Factory 2.5, Trillian

IRunGameEP

Post by IRunGameEP » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:31 pm

ramangill wrote:
IRunGameEP wrote:I have an Impulse on Midi 1, and I have 8 audio tracks. I map each Impulse cell to its own audio track by selecting audio from - Impulse, then selecting the impulse cell I want in that particular track. Doing this for all 8 is ridiculous. I know in Pro Tools if you highlight a few bus tracks, hold command + option + shift and click on the input, it will map bus 1, input 1, bus 2, input 2 etc. Does Live have a shortcut like this. It would make my life a hell of a lot easier.
Why would you route a cell to its own track? For effects use? If so, you can always apply effects to each cell. If not, I would be curious to know...who knows...maybe it is a cool method that I never thought of.
It's not something "cool", it's something you HAVE to do. You need to put different EQs and Compressors on each cell, you need to send some cells to return tracks to put reverbs, delays, or what ever on them. How are you going to check the signal without a meter reading? How are you going to mix down the drums if you have no idea what the levels are? You need to have each sample on its own track before you bus down sections. How are you going to do any of this without having it tracked out. I'm guessing you just downloaded Live and have no idea what you're doing.

Can someone please help me with my question...

Tamar UK

Post by Tamar UK » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:08 pm

IRunGameEP wrote:
ramangill wrote:
IRunGameEP wrote: I'm guessing you just downloaded Live and have no idea what you're doing.

Can someone please help me with my question...
With that attitude, I doubt it mate.