loops "pop" at play head very annoying

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
digitalchris

loops "pop" at play head very annoying

Post by digitalchris » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:07 am

i'm very familiar with pro audio and signal paths and gian stages, so I know this problem is not an audio problem. When I import a track and get it warped and all is well, if I find a loop section I like and loop it, the audio "pops" at the playhead position. I though it must be i need check for bad transient positions or something, but no. Any where I put the playhead or start of the loop it will "pop" or kind of crackle at that spot. This is terribly annoying as I do remixes and this seems to have just started happening.

Does anyone have a solution for this? or have had this problem?

agent314

Re: loops "pop" at play head very annoying

Post by agent314 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:11 am

Sounds like you're starting/stopping the loop at a non-zero sample.

Try zooming in and setting the braces to start/stop at zero-crossing, or setting the volume envelope to fade in a small amount.

digitalchris

Post by digitalchris » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:32 am

did the fade in and out but its not helping, and I've tried to zoom all the way in and get the zero crossing at the transient, but doesnt work. You know how you can set the sample start and loop at different places, so the audio starts say 1 beat ahead of the actual loop. Well no matter where i place that sample play start, it will "crackle" where that is. Even in absolute zero crosses and no sound in between drum hits, it will do this. Very Strange

agent314

Post by agent314 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:53 am

Weird. Could be a driver issue then, or possibly a problem with the samples themselves.

Tamar UK

Post by Tamar UK » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:42 am

sometimes adding a couple milliseconds to the attack of the amp envelope helps, depending on the sample and where you are looping in the sample.