Is NI trying to convert us into a product and sell it ?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Is NI trying to convert us into a product and sell it ?

yes
70%
no
30%

Total votes: 27

3phase

Re: Is NI trying to convert us into a product and sell it ?

Post by 3phase » Fri May 20, 2011 1:08 pm

Sepp Ultura wrote:Sure, I'm also experiencing crashes. But I blame it on my rather old machine and my extensive use of third party plugins. Logic has also crashed on me doing pretty much the same thing as in Live.

Of course, Live is a bloody CPU hog. And of course it would be nice if Live didn't crash (btw: Live 7 also crashed). But I'd rather blame my hardware than the software.

live 7 never crashed on stage.. L8 did that often.. i am since a few days on logic again. maybe it crashes sometimes.dont no yet.. i am having the first week without a crash for a very long time.. allmost forgot how it is to close down the daw before you leave the studio..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

Sepp Ultura

Post by Sepp Ultura » Fri May 20, 2011 1:51 pm

3phase wrote:
Sepp Ultura wrote:Sure, I'm also experiencing crashes. But I blame it on my rather old machine and my extensive use of third party plugins. Logic has also crashed on me doing pretty much the same thing as in Live.

Of course, Live is a bloody CPU hog. And of course it would be nice if Live didn't crash (btw: Live 7 also crashed). But I'd rather blame my hardware than the software.

live 7 never crashed on stage.. L8 did that often.. i am since a few days on logic again. maybe it crashes sometimes.dont no yet.. i am having the first week without a crash for a very long time.. allmost forgot how it is to close down the daw before you leave the studio..
I use Live a lot on stage, and it has never crashed there. Only when I fiddled around with third party plugins (inserting and deleting them, that is). As long as I don't do that I'm running extremely smooth.

condra

Post by condra » Fri May 20, 2011 2:02 pm

3phase wrote:. i am since a few days on logic again.
So you will be selling Live and trolling the Logic forum instead? Great. Cya!

Nick Shepherd

Post by Nick Shepherd » Sat May 21, 2011 12:20 am

condra wrote:
3phase wrote:. i am since a few days on logic again.
So you will be selling Live and trolling the Logic forum instead? Great. Cya!
this...

also - really exciting to hear that live 8 crashed often "on stage" for you... you must be the only ableton using artist who messed up his gigs several times in a row and still gets bookings - congrats to that 8)

i had 1 awkward issue with ableton 8 in a live situaion that really was a pain in the ass - but the infallible 3phase had this problems often "on stage"... amazing how you still use Live as you main host, you seem to be soooo painless dude, its fascinating :lol: