D16 Silverline Group Buy.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
[stm]

Re: D16 Silverline Group Buy.

Post by [stm] » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:27 am

Maybe I misunderstood what you said - I assumed you wanted to send program change messages to the D16 group plug-ins. To do that, you can do the following:

* Create an extra MIDI track with otherwise empty clips that only send program change messages
* Select the audio track that holds the plug-in from the "MIDI To" chooser
* Select the actual plug from the second chooser

Sorry if that was not what you meant - it is getting a bit late here. :)

toph

Post by toph » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:42 am

[stm] wrote:* Select the audio track that holds the plug-in from the "MIDI To" chooser
* Select the actual plug from the second chooser
And as he seems to have routing problems maybe you should add, that he has to use the choosers inside the created MIDI track! :wink:

C.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:29 am

I got halfway there by putting and External Instrument in the midi track and sending it to the audiotrack -> Fazortan. It accepts my PC's from PadKontrol, so I need to see if it works how I originally planned by using my FCB1010 -> Macrobat -> 2 ClyphX Clips (Prev PC & Next PC)

The basic idea is to play guitar and switch through previous or next program changes with my feet.

EDIT:

Woohoo I got it working!

The answer was using an External Instrument in the midi track and outputting the midi to the Fazortan in my guitar (audio) track.
ImageImage

STRATEGY_510

Post by STRATEGY_510 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:34 pm

Anyone using these with Live 7 and seeing this bug?

I am having a nasty little bug where I get horrible feedback when I delete any of the plugins, while playing, when they are on a track in Live. It's what I do when I'm just trying things out, probably not good practice to delete the plug while it's playing?. I can learn to stop the track before deleting the plugin I guess.

When it happens, my mouse and keyboard become unusable by Live and the loud feedback kicks in and I have to force quit Live without saving. Does not happen everytime, maybe half the time I do this.

Live 7.0.18 / OSX is my setup, happens with all the D16 efx from the group buy.

Going to try them in Maschine next.

Thanks,
STRATEGY

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 am

^ I demoed them in Live 7 and was getting GUI problems, the spacebar wouldn't stop/start as the plugs would steal the focus. As I had also had GUI issues with several other plugs in 7 (according to one dev it's a carbon/cocoa problem) I decided, against my better judgement, to upgrade to Live 8 during the special offer.

The result - Live 8 has been great so far and all plug-in GUI issues have gone, including d16. One thing I still notice is that changing presets when stuff is playing can sometimes produce a loud burst of sound with the d16 stuff, so i now have a limiter on my master channel just in case.