Solfeggio Frequencies – The Perfect Circle of Sound etc.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Anubis

Re: Solfeggio Frequencies – The Perfect Circle of Sound etc.

Post by Anubis » Tue May 10, 2011 3:13 am

ark wrote:I think it's nonsense. I challenge anyone to produce independently verifiable evidence that shows otherwise.
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 1#p1287951
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Tue May 10, 2011 7:26 am

Bagatell wrote:Curiously whilst the Wikipedia page for Solfeggio dosn't mention frquency once, it does feature Pitch Class notation.

My point here is that both Solfeggio and Pitch Class notation are relative systems.C is C is C, but it doesn't matter whether it's 440, 432 or even 528hz.

I'm fairly sure that the guys that used solfeggio back in the day weren't using Korg CA-30 Chromatic Tuners. So there is no way of know what frequencies their C was set to and their Cs would all have been different anyway.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue May 10, 2011 10:19 am

fisto wrote: on the basis meens: I made a sine of 528 Hz (base-tone) and divided it till I had a sine of 66hz (the sub). After half an hour of work (in the middle of the night) I then really felt strange...
I'm not surprised you felt strange. :lol:

Meanwhile , all those tunes you are not working on are going cold! ;)

tezza

Post by tezza » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Sometimes the more we know, the more we prevent ourselves from knowing. If edification had a vantage point, it would be humility.

Would be good if someone made a Max For Live midi plugin to shift all midi data into this chord set. Speaking of chords being a limitation of the instrument, I am a little surprised that no one has made a even a basic VST instrument for this.

It would be fun to try at the very least. Might even learn something in the process.

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:14 pm

Musical Numerology #1 ~ The Good, the Bad and the Illuminati: 440 Hz vs 432 Hz

http://www.dubbhism.com/2013/06/musical ... d-and.html

:lol:

Buleriachk

Post by Buleriachk » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:59 pm

You can't go wrong if you don't play any of the black or white keys.... :)

fishmonkey

Post by fishmonkey » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:46 am

it's actually not a stretch to think that there are particular frequencies that might stimulate certain responses in some people.

we know there are particular frequency ranges in which some kinds of brain activity occur, but how we perceive most things is still a great mystery.

this is an interesting read:

http://www.amazon.com/Rhythms-Brain-Gyo ... 0199828237

Yhoda

Post by Yhoda » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:12 am

A444 =c5 at 528 hz. The sun resonates at 528 hz the colour green is 528 nm which is why plants are green. Pass light throu water and the centre is green. (Rainbows) 528 is known as the love frequency. Love is the biggest healer. People die from a broken heart. So why is 528 healing to the soul?.well thats easy sun gives life so all life is sensitive to the frequency of life A444 =528. The whole milkyway's resonance and possibly the whole universe resonates at 528. I meditate so i know what early astral plaining feels like right up to my body vibrating and lifting from all things touching me (not astral projected yet) This is one step away from astral projection. When i hear a song in 528 it has a massive emotional and physical feeling from goosebumps to that feeling of love in my chest. 432 dosent do this to me even thou its also mentioned as a healing tone! If you cant tell the difference is cos you dont let the sounds touch you (anti placebo) as you try to fight it in dis believe. Listen with an open heart and mind and you will feel the music not just hear it. Practice meditation this will help you open up your mind. This is why peeps detune to 432 cos some dont want that weird feeling... Still not convience yet well how many times have you heard a singer and all your hairs stand up on your skin and you get gosse bumps?? Thats and emotional response to music the 528 frequency. Still not convienced then you need to let yourself go and open up. I dont believe in religion or conspiracies. Religion was born cos of DMT in deep meditation. And guess what they chanted in a 528 frequency. Ancient religions used this thousands of years ago. "Davids gate or door cant be opened by man or closed by man" quoted by the bible. This davids door leads to the astral plain that only your astral self can open and close. Enough said

Yhoda

musikmachine

Post by musikmachine » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:11 pm

A quick google brought this up which goes into the history of 432hz from Pythagoras onwards, i haven't verified everything but looks like a good point to start doing some research as there is so much nonsense online. I was listening to this earlier and it did seem to have some impact on me, i wasn't meditating, just listening but could have been the sausage i ate earlier. :P

But have a listen.

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:55 am

fishmonkey wrote:it's actually not a stretch to think that there are particular frequencies that might stimulate certain responses in some people.

we know there are particular frequency ranges in which some kinds of brain activity occur, but how we perceive most things is still a great mystery.

this is an interesting read:

http://www.amazon.com/Rhythms-Brain-Gyo ... 0199828237
I know this is a late comment, but yes. In this universe certain numbers and ratios matters more than others. This is mostly in the realm of science though and not necessarily music. It's perfectly doable to use scientific data and make music out if it.

I'd be the first to say though that most truisms about "frequencies that are good for you" are non-scientific and typically based on personal preference. And one non-peered reviewed "study"with unclear setup — which often is the case when people cite stuff like this on the internet — does not Science make.
Make some music!

pottering

Post by pottering » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:33 am

Yhoda wrote:A444 =c5 at 528 hz. The sun resonates at 528 hz the colour green is 528 nm which is why plants are green. Pass light throu water and the centre is green. (Rainbows) 528 is known as the love frequency. Love is the biggest healer. People die from a broken heart. So why is 528 healing to the soul?.well thats easy sun gives life so all life is sensitive to the frequency of life A444 =528.
Plants are green because they REFLECT green light, that is, they literally REJECT it, and instead absorb the other colors (mostly blue and red, again NOT green)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorophyll

"Chlorophyll is essential in photosynthesis, allowing plants to absorb energy from light. Chlorophyll absorbs light most strongly in the blue portion of the electromagnetic spectrum, followed by the red portion. Conversely, it is a poor absorber of green and near-green portions of the spectrum, which it reflects, producing the green color of chlorophyll-containing tissues."
♥♥♥

Crystal Mind

Post by Crystal Mind » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:16 pm

fisto wrote:I think that it is no nonsense at all.
I've meditated on solfeggio a lot of times and it really brings you into another state of consciousness.
Also did I try to make a tune on the basis of 528 Hz (DNA-Repair) and after half an hour of those sines on my headphones I was really uuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... :mrgreen:

Really not nonsense guys. Not all that you don know or understand is nonsense :)
Just try it.

I definitely have to agree!

These solfeggio frequencies are most beneficial when used regularly in our every day lives. It's easy to completely disregard something when we don't understand it, because as we've grown up in society we have been taught the "right" way of doing things, when there is no right or wrong. The ones with the courage to question things are the ones who will inspire the others who disregard something which is unknown and misjudged. Creators create something new and disregard what we are taught, we are the ones who will pave the new world as the old out of date system falls to pieces gradually over time as we evolve.

If you are willing to open yourself up to an entirely new concept, or an entirely new way of thinking, or simply just by allowing yourself open to something new all together... Especially in relation to sound... If music is what you are passionate about... Then why not? Explore the frequencies yourself because the experiences and benefits that you will receive from continuous use, whether in meditation, or through your own music, cannot be measured. It can only be measured from within ourselves as an individual experience and these frequencies are especially needed on Earth at this time while everything is chaotic.

Standard A=432hz is another one to play around with and one that I have personally benefited from quite miraculously. I can't even remember where I first read about 432hz but I was intrigued and open to the idea that 432 is more harmonic than the 440hz which Government decided was going to be standard concert pitch... Why? Well that's a good question, and I hope you question it. The direction my music took once beginning to play in 432hz was amazing. I started to develop my own sound, I would more easily find myself in deep harmony with myself and FEEL powerfully the music that I was playing, vibrating through every cell in my body.. As this is just the deeply harmonic state that the frequency itself can bring into our selves by consistently working with these frequencies. You can't expect results by having a listen to it once and going "Aww yeah nah, doesn't sound much different". It's not about how it sounds, it does sound different. but it's more about how it makes you feel, and how dramatically the frequencies can affect our own well being, transformation, creativity, conscious connection to the Universe, or Spirit, whatever you wanna call it...

Whether people acknowledge the existence of these infinite unseen realms or not does not change the fact that they exist. Just be open to feeling something different, or even just feeling at all... We have numbed ourselves for generations and it's time to look after ourselves with wicked frequencies and good food and all that shit.

This is my first post on these forums and I've gone all out. Don't even care if anyone reckon's I'm weird :P

fisto

Post by fisto » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:52 pm

Crystal Mind wrote:
fisto wrote:I think that it is no nonsense at all.
I've meditated on solfeggio a lot of times and it really brings you into another state of consciousness.
Also did I try to make a tune on the basis of 528 Hz (DNA-Repair) and after half an hour of those sines on my headphones I was really uuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... :mrgreen:

Really not nonsense guys. Not all that you don know or understand is nonsense :)
Just try it.

I definitely have to agree!

These solfeggio frequencies are most beneficial when used regularly in our every day lives. It's easy to completely disregard something when we don't understand it, because as we've grown up in society we have been taught the "right" way of doing things, when there is no right or wrong. The ones with the courage to question things are the ones who will inspire the others who disregard something which is unknown and misjudged. Creators create something new and disregard what we are taught, we are the ones who will pave the new world as the old out of date system falls to pieces gradually over time as we evolve.

If you are willing to open yourself up to an entirely new concept, or an entirely new way of thinking, or simply just by allowing yourself open to something new all together... Especially in relation to sound... If music is what you are passionate about... Then why not? Explore the frequencies yourself because the experiences and benefits that you will receive from continuous use, whether in meditation, or through your own music, cannot be measured. It can only be measured from within ourselves as an individual experience and these frequencies are especially needed on Earth at this time while everything is chaotic.

Standard A=432hz is another one to play around with and one that I have personally benefited from quite miraculously. I can't even remember where I first read about 432hz but I was intrigued and open to the idea that 432 is more harmonic than the 440hz which Government decided was going to be standard concert pitch... Why? Well that's a good question, and I hope you question it. The direction my music took once beginning to play in 432hz was amazing. I started to develop my own sound, I would more easily find myself in deep harmony with myself and FEEL powerfully the music that I was playing, vibrating through every cell in my body.. As this is just the deeply harmonic state that the frequency itself can bring into our selves by consistently working with these frequencies. You can't expect results by having a listen to it once and going "Aww yeah nah, doesn't sound much different". It's not about how it sounds, it does sound different. but it's more about how it makes you feel, and how dramatically the frequencies can affect our own well being, transformation, creativity, conscious connection to the Universe, or Spirit, whatever you wanna call it...

Whether people acknowledge the existence of these infinite unseen realms or not does not change the fact that they exist. Just be open to feeling something different, or even just feeling at all... We have numbed ourselves for generations and it's time to look after ourselves with wicked frequencies and good food and all that shit.

This is my first post on these forums and I've gone all out. Don't even care if anyone reckon's I'm weird :P
totally agree, very well said :)
damn, I just now saw that you quoted me, haha. In this case, glad you agree :D

Jabbud

Post by Jabbud » Thu May 05, 2022 1:53 pm

I am finding that if you use operator and set the fine at 9, then the C(5?) falls straight on the 528h. So basically that is one way to do it. Make your fine 9! And I have used this tool to tune myself: https://onlinetonegenerator.com/

[jur]
Site Admin

Post by [jur] » Sat May 07, 2022 5:55 am

Jabbud wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:53 pm
I am finding that if you use operator and set the fine at 9, then the C(5?) falls straight on the 528h. So basically that is one way to do it. Make your fine 9! And I have used this tool to tune myself: https://onlinetonegenerator.com/
Well, you could simply click your oscillator's fixed frequency button and set it to whatever number you wish, and have this magic number plays on what ever key you press. That is magic to me. Perfect bliss :lol:
Ableton Forum Moderator