Audio Engine Test - Live Versus Pro Tools Versus Logic

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
leisuremuffin

Re: Audio Engine Test - Live Versus Pro Tools Versus Logic

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue May 17, 2011 11:45 am

anybody like to make music?

not me, i think it's fucking boring.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue May 17, 2011 11:52 am

leisuremuffin wrote:anybody like to make music?

not me, i think it's fucking boring.

painfull with live... no day without something that dont works as expected or as it should,, now iac midi is down..why? haow many ours spend to assure that its really not working?
what will be appening the next day?
by now i really think that live turned in the most shitty audio software one can get...
but 2 terrabytes of projekt data assure you that you cant just leave it behind and that it will be part of your live for years too come.. extremly promissing..
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Tue May 17, 2011 11:56 am

i can't even read that, but thanks anyway. i'm sure somebody cared about your thoughts back in the 90's.

cheers!

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue May 17, 2011 12:06 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:i can't even read that, but thanks anyway. i'm sure somebody cared about your thoughts back in the 90's.

cheers!

.lm.

non literate? no surprise

Poster

Post by Poster » Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm

3phase wrote:but 2 terrabytes of projekt data assure you that you cant just leave it behind and that it will be part of your live for years too come..
tell me.. you knew Live's audio quality isn't up to your standards since Live 1, yet you produced music with it, but you haven't rendered a single file since 2002 because you think Live's rendering stinks..

what exactly do you use Live for and why can't you just grab the audio files from the project folders and drag them into Logic and be done with it?

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Tue May 17, 2011 12:07 pm

i switch to logic now
that's really great news. thanks.
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue May 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Poster wrote:
3phase wrote:but 2 terrabytes of projekt data assure you that you cant just leave it behind and that it will be part of your live for years too come..
tell me.. you knew Live's audio quality isn't up to your standards since Live 1, yet you produced music with it, but you haven't rendered a single file since 2002 because you think Live's rendering stinks..

what exactly do you use Live for and why can't you just grab the audio files from the project folders and drag them into Logic and be done with it?

stupid question...

3phase

Post by 3phase » Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 pm

besides.. l1 sound quality was so shreddred that it was cool again.. the soudn i hate most is half good.. either highend or grindcore..everything inbetween just sounds lame

Palmer Eldritch

Post by Palmer Eldritch » Tue May 17, 2011 12:29 pm

3phase wrote:besides.. l1 sound quality was so shreddred that it was cool again.. the soudn i hate most is half good.. either highend or grindcore..everything inbetween just sounds lame
8) I like grindcore, I will switch to Live 1 :D
Live 8_3_4 + 4b7_32+64 -Suite- Max4Live 5_1_9 _ core2DuoMacBook 2*2,16 Ghz + external FW HD _ OSX 10.6.8 _ 3G RAM _ M.H. MIO 2882 + 5.4d208 Driver _ Faderfox LV1 _ Akai MPK25 _ Logitec wheel mouse _______ PeacE will be the SOLution of LIVE

Poster

Post by Poster » Tue May 17, 2011 12:39 pm

3phase wrote:
Poster wrote:

stupid question...
as expected, ignoring questions..

it's not a stupid question, rather painful..

you admitted you haven't rendered a single tune with Live since 2002..
you admitted you didn't like Live's sound quality since Live 1..

and you expect us to take your complaints serious? :lol:

you lost it buddy.. you talk so much that you're now starting to contradict yourself..

face it; you're a fanboi..

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed May 18, 2011 2:30 am

Poster wrote:
3phase wrote:i switch to logic now..
finally..

Sepp Ultura

Post by Sepp Ultura » Wed May 18, 2011 1:22 pm

Why is it anyway that people complain about any software they BOUGHT?! You bought it, it was your choice, if you don't like it don't buy it and then don't use it. Jesus, I really don't get the fuss everybody makes about "which DAW is better than the other?".

And why is it that people always feel "betrayed" by Ableton? They didn't force us to buy and use their software. You choose it if you like it. If you don't, leave it.

EDIT: Does that make me a fanboy now? 8)

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Wed May 18, 2011 1:32 pm

CAPITALIST! In Soviet Russia Ableton produces you!

Sorry for the Yakov Smirnov reference but I agree. We all bought software. If you hate it, sell it and buy something you like.
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

bigcohoona

Post by bigcohoona » Wed May 18, 2011 2:25 pm

* At AES 2009 in NYC, The designer of the Prism Orpheus told me he thinks Live is the most neutral - what goes in is what goes out - and that he uses it to test his Firewire interface. Prism only makes top-of-the-line converters
That is an amazing quote! Prism' products are fantastic. Only seconded imho by Metric Halo. Good news!

I'm currently working on a project with Robert George of Sound Temple (collaborator with Bob Moog), and when I asked if he had any preference of DAW for sound quality, he said there was not a great difference anymore, as long as their is a least floating points of 32-bit, it really comes down to workflow. Peak volume has been the only real difference I've noticed as well... throw a utility on the master, good to go.

8.2 has been very, very, stable for me. I love Logics instruments but can't stand the illogical logic of it's audio processing. Composing in Live, Mastering in in Studio One. Good combo. Can't wait for version 9, hopefully Ableton will cater a little to the "Arrangement" view for us traditional linear composers.

~C
Big Cohoona: Mac Pro 8-Core,Ableton 8, Logic, S1, Reason 4, Omnisphere, Morphestra, Komplete, McPherson, Blue, Shroeders Piano, Partridge Family 8-Track.