Ableton products 33% off

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
thehuman

Re: Ableton products 33% off

Post by thehuman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:32 pm

kiezum wrote:They corrected the prices. I had the suite upgrade in my cart for 99 euro. But I thought I'll buy it tonight. Now it is 150 euro. So no Suite upgrade for me.
Agreed. I had it in my cart for $116, and now it's $173, which is a bit too much for me to bite...
Last edited by thehuman on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SYMBO

Post by SYMBO » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 pm

I also almost bought the Suite upgrade, but now with the new pricing I think Ill pass that. Would be nice to have operator though...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:27 pm

wow. the entire Suite is too much if its just 60 more? :?

Dear Ableton, i will buy it from you as long as you're screwing yourselves in error, but at a fair price, as advertised, i'd rather not.

P.S. i will be back to bitch about your product not being 64 bit and having dual monitor support shortly.

Sincerely,
Forum User

dazzer

Post by dazzer » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:39 pm

H20nly wrote:

Dear Ableton, i will buy it from you as long as you're screwing yourselves in error, but at a fair price, as advertised, i'd rather not.

P.S. i will be back to bitch about your product not being 64 bit and having dual monitor support shortly.

Sincerely,
Forum User
How come you read the email I just sent them? U expert hacker?

thehuman

Post by thehuman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:43 pm

H20nly wrote:wow. the entire Suite is too much if its just 60 more? :?

Sincerely,
Forum User
Wow, easy there tiger. Everyone has a point at which any product becomes no longer worth the price, be it software or food or clothes or whatever... Yes, the $60 increase pushed it over the line for me. No need to be a jerk about it--they're called personal preferences, and everyone has them.

And no, I couldn't care less about 64-bit and dual-monitor support, so your assumptions about this particular "Forum User" are incorrect.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:50 pm

whoa easy there Godzilla...

there was another user who did the same for 60 Euros more... the Euro being worth more than the dollar it's a bigger hit, but that's the way it works with a sale... get it while the getting is good right?

if it's still a good deal then what? you're somehow punishing Ableton by missing out on an equally fair price?

poor Ableton :cry:

thing is, you're the one without what YOU wanted. Ableton wanted more money... and they're holding out for it.

@ dazzer - yes, and i think you should delete those "Hey Sexy..." emails. those chicks don't really have yahoo profiles... they're bots. :wink:

Punky921

Post by Punky921 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:26 pm

Went from Live Suite 7 to Live Suite 8 with Hip Hop Drums and Max 4 Live for only $311!!! I might go pick up the Guzheng too just because... where the hell else am I going to find a sampled Guzheng? Also, because I'm Chinese.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:11 pm

thehuman wrote:

Sincerely,
Forum User
Wow, easy there tiger. Everyone has a point at which any product becomes no longer worth the price, be it software or food or clothes or whatever... Yes, the $60 increase pushed it over the line for me. No need to be a jerk about it--they're called personal preferences, and everyone has them.

And no, I couldn't care less about 64-bit and dual-monitor support, so your assumptions about this particular "Forum User" are incorrect.
go easy on him. he would defend ableton even if it accidentally started a world war three.
it's called a fanboy, and they are the more closeminded of the lot.

Punky921

Post by Punky921 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Only the Abes community could get angry at each other over a 33% sale. :(

memoryshell

Post by memoryshell » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:12 pm

Well in my case, I had to tell them to cancel a license transfer for operator and refund the buyer because it no longer makes sense at the new price.
Let's hope they don't screw the license transfer up.

kiezum

Post by kiezum » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:27 pm

"wow. the entire Suite is too much if its just 60 more?"

Yes!
a) I have all the AAS instruments and Sampler - just would like Operator,
b) I wanted Max 6 or the Suite upgrade (now Max 6 is much more interesting) and
c) shopping is partly an emotional thing (when prices go up this way I usually don't buy the product).

BTW I bought Max 6 + Gen

fedexnman

Post by fedexnman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:29 pm

Yeah I got live lite 8 soundcloud upgraded to live suite8, $259 last night what a deal.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:09 pm

friend_kami wrote:
thehuman wrote:

Sincerely,
Forum User

go easy on him. he would defend ableton even if it accidentally started a world war three.
it's called a fanboy, and they are the more closeminded of the lot.
oh kami... you get so fired up when i mention 64 bit.

64 BIT!

:wink:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Punky921 wrote:Only the Abes community could get angry at each other over a 33% sale. :(
the sale is for 33% but the buyer(s) wanted more... they noticed an error, but didn't jump on it before the Abes caught it. i'm not angry, i'm laughing.

when you're wheeling and dealing, it's first come first serve and cash is king. if you wait, you always run the chance of loosing the deal. that's the way of the world, not the way of H20nly. ask the ancients.

artificialjoy

Post by artificialjoy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:31 pm

thehuman wrote:I had it in my cart for $116, and now it's $173, which is a bit too much for me to bite...
I got Live Lite through the Soundcloud promotion. I saw these prices, was going to buywhen I got home from work, and saw the prices jump up by the time I got home.

Oh well. Ableton may be a great DAW but it's too big a bite for me too. For now I guess I'll have to stick with Logic (cost me $199, free upgrades, install on up to 5 computers) and play with Live Lite when I have time. :( Really disappointed though.