Ableton products 33% off

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Ub373NNN

Re: Ableton products 33% off

Post by Ub373NNN » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:34 pm

what usually over on the years, has an UPGRADE suite usualy go cost? a hundred? 2 hundreds? 3 hundreds?
like say go from live6 onto 7 suites, or live7 onto 8 suites ?
i go to be curious on it.

artificialjoy

Post by artificialjoy » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:59 pm

dazzer wrote:DAMN, discounts before were obviously wrong (too much) and now the prices have gone up to show a smaller but accurate 33% discount
I didn't do the math when I saw the prices, I just knew I could afford it. But I'm not allowed to use my work computer for personal purchases so I had to wait ... too long, it seems. I don't begrudge Ableton setting the discount correctly, but ... 33% isn't too much different from their seemingly-regular 25% discounts (for December through January, then again in March, etc.) so I'm not inclined to upgrade at this time.

Based on whatever sales went through I hope they see how popular Live would be at the prices they'd originally (mis)set! These days they're competing against other serious DAWs (with different features, admittedly), ranging from dead-cheap (Reaper) to cheaper than 33%-sale Ableton (Logic). I wish them the best, but I hope they reprice their products to make them even more affordable. I was REALLY ready to buy tonight and I'm sad that I couldn't give Ableton my (smaller amount of) money.

think2x

Post by think2x » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:58 am

Can someone tell me what the upgrade price is from Live Lite to Suite 8?

I have a Live Lite from my Novation SLMKII purchase, but I've never installed it because I've been a long time user of another PC DAW and I didn't want to waste one of the only 2 installations just to check the upgrade price (which they won't show me online :? ).

I've used Ableton quite a bit on my flat-mate's iMac so I'm actually decently familiar with it. I've been looking at buying a new MBP and it would be nice to have a fresh copy of Ableton to install on it.

UltimateOutsider

Post by UltimateOutsider » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:02 am

think2x wrote:Can someone tell me what the upgrade price is from Live Lite to Suite 8?

I have a Live Lite from my Novation SLMKII purchase, but I've never installed it because I've been a long time user of another PC DAW and I didn't want to waste one of the only 2 installations just to check the upgrade price (which they won't show me online :? ).
Looks like the upgrade price is currently $387 USD for the download-only version and $434 USD with the box (which includes EIC2 and Session Drums). That's a fair amount less than I paid for it in April. Doh!

Punky921

Post by Punky921 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 am

I'm so glad I waited out the SoundCloud promotion.

think2x

Post by think2x » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 am

UltimateOutsider wrote:
think2x wrote: Looks like the upgrade price is currently $387 USD for the download-only version and $434 USD with the box (which includes EIC2 and Session Drums). That's a fair amount less than I paid for it in April. Doh!
UltimateOutsider--thanks for taking the time to look that up for me and responding. I really appreciate it man. That figure you posted--did you factor in the 33% discount into that?

This is a really tough decision for me. I've been on an old PC system, but I just bought a new Macbook Pro and I feel like I'm kind of starting over (and looking to switch DAWs). Logic is significantly cheaper at $200 than the Ableton upgrade price. I've used Ableton quite a bit (on my roommate's iMac), so I'm much more familiar with it than Logic. Decisions, decisions...

UltimateOutsider

Post by UltimateOutsider » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:05 am

think2x wrote:
UltimateOutsider wrote:
think2x wrote: Looks like the upgrade price is currently $387 USD for the download-only version and $434 USD with the box (which includes EIC2 and Session Drums). That's a fair amount less than I paid for it in April. Doh!
UltimateOutsider--thanks for taking the time to look that up for me and responding. I really appreciate it man. That figure you posted--did you factor in the 33% discount into that?

This is a really tough decision for me. I've been on an old PC system, but I just bought a new Macbook Pro and I feel like I'm kind of starting over (and looking to switch DAWs). Logic is significantly cheaper at $200 than the Ableton upgrade price. I've used Ableton quite a bit (on my roommate's iMac), so I'm much more familiar with it than Logic. Decisions, decisions...
Yeah, I logged in with the account of the extra Lite license I have (so I can have a version of Live at work). Check it out below- $649 is what I paid to upgrade my Akai Lite edition to Suite in April- and I thought THAT was a good deal. Full price for the Suite box is normally $849 USD.

memoryshell

Post by memoryshell » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:53 am

H20nly wrote:
Punky921 wrote:Only the Abes community could get angry at each other over a 33% sale. :(
the sale is for 33% but the buyer(s) wanted more... they noticed an error, but didn't jump on it before the Abes caught it. i'm not angry, i'm laughing.

when you're wheeling and dealing, it's first come first serve and cash is king. if you wait, you always run the chance of loosing the deal. that's the way of the world, not the way of H20nly. ask the ancients.
True dat. But it also affects Abes' goodwill, maybe not by much but it does.
I saw the deal as soon as it started, but didn't jump on it and tried to sell my operator license first. Actually this is because my operator license would get absorbed in the suite license if I didn't sell it first, so it was my only choice. I found a buyer in half a day and informed Ableton about the transfer a few hours before the price went up. As soon as I noticed the price increase, I cancelled the sale.
If I hadn't sold my operator license and just bought the suite, I'd still have paid less. Even the buyer told me he was thinking of buying the suite at the original price, before he saw my sale. So they actually lost not one but two potential customers in this particular case.
I don't begrudge them for it, I an actually happy about how it turned out as I was probably wasting my money anyway. I already have the only thing I really need from suite (operator), so my money can be put to better use elsewhere. It's just that at the earlier price (about $70 after getting money for operator), the deal was almost a no-brainer, and was attractive enough even if I didn't really need it.
I also got this feeling that they're gonna screw the transfer up. They will eventually reverse it but I have this feeling that they will transfer the license before reading my mail asking to cancel it. The thing is, both times in the past I've had to deal with Abes customer support, they've messed it up. The first time, I bought the suite box and the delivery took 2 months. The second time, I traded my suite license for a live license, and they accidentally transferred the other guy's M4L license to me. Just saying that part of their day-to-day operations leaves a lot to be desired.

DJ_Zombot

Post by DJ_Zombot » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:54 pm

I'll admit I realized the initial math didn't add up to 33% for me when I checked the Regular 8 to 8 suite upgrade ($100 download I think,$129 for box version) so I jumped on that right away and checked out before someone who could multiply and divide showed up for work.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey all - the extra discount was a glitch on our part. The discounts that you see on the site now are the accurate ones. If you've had any difficult with making a purchase or have any questions about the discount, please get in touch with Ableton Customer Care.

Matt_Quinn

Post by Matt_Quinn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:36 pm

Any chance we could get a retro active discount for recently purchased partner instruments? I bought the Project SAM Ensembles on 5/20.

Bought the e-instruments Studio Grand Uptown last night. For $66, a nice piano optimized for Live was a no brainer for me.
the_planet wrote:Trap music is not supported in the current version.

artificialjoy

Post by artificialjoy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:47 pm

memoryshell wrote:I saw the deal as soon as it started, but didn't jump on it and tried to sell my operator license first.... I don't begrudge them for it, I an actually happy about how it turned out as I was probably wasting my money anyway.
I've got one copy of Launchpad_Live and one copy of Live_Lite and I 3was really ready to take that step up ... then the price went up! 8O I also don't begrudge Ableton, but I'll just end up waiting until the 25% sale on the upgrade to Live 9, which I figure will happen in December. At the old/wrong price I could afford to become a full-fledged Suite owner (and Ableton would have gotten money from me now and then again when Live 9 came out), but now I can't swing it and they'll probably get less money from me, over a longer period of time. Everyone lost on that one.

Ub373NNN

Post by Ub373NNN » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:51 pm

Ableton_David wrote:Hey all - the extra discount was a glitch on our part. The discounts that you see on the site now are the accurate ones. If you've had any difficult with making a purchase or have any questions about the discount, please get in touch with Ableton Customer Care.
^CHANGELOG price version 1.01

i go make joke to lighten up on the air around go here.

Punky921

Post by Punky921 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:12 pm

I think I've spent about a total of $500 or so on buying and upgrading Abes since I got it. I bought a guy's license for Suite 7 for a meager $250, then I just upgarded during this sale. Crazy. I think I got off easy compared to you guys, overall.

kitekrazy

Post by kitekrazy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:45 pm

DJ_Zombot wrote:I'll admit I realized the initial math didn't add up to 33% for me when I checked the Regular 8 to 8 suite upgrade ($100 download I think,$129 for box version) so I jumped on that right away and checked out before someone who could multiply and divide showed up for work.
That would be about the only price I would pay for the Suite. I probably wouldn't use 90% of it, kinda like when I upgrade to Konplete.