which monitors would you choose

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jamief

Re: which monitors would you choose

Post by jamief » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:19 am

Komodovaran wrote:^ You should have gone for the A7X. They come with a secret built-in sub woofer and killer clarity.

No had both side by side. genelecs by a mile

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:53 am

Tarekith wrote:I think in a couple more years a lot of people will have these in their sights. They've been making speakers for a long time, but only recently seem to be getting attention in the pro audio realm. Just out of curiosity, did you find a dealer local that had these in stock? I was just curious if places like GC and the like were stocking them in stores now....
Yeah I agree, personally I liked the Focal CMS 65's better than the Nuemann, Adam, Dynadio and Genelecs in the price range, and better than the Genelecs at 3K! They have an extended two year warranty on the amps and a five year warranty on the speaker cones themselves.

I did get them locally at Pacific Pro Audio, they have them at, or better than internet prices. Seriously, they're the nicest and easiest to deal with local "pro" audio retailer IMO, I would be surprised if you haven't heard about them? Small shop but they have their own line of external firewire external hard drives that were pro level quality for audio back years ago. Definitely check them out if you're thinking about external storage.
Kind of a clumsy website though.
http://www.pacificproaudio.com/

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:32 pm

mr.ergonomics wrote:
henke wrote:Some years ago I would have said Genelec! But I figured out that mixes done on the Dynaudio speakers tend to sound good on a lot of systems, which is not always the case with the Genelecs. I heard the BM5a monitors A/B with 100.000 EUR Strauss mastering speakers and I was surprised how well the sound translated between those two. The only 'issue' with the Dynaudios is that they cannot handle high volumes or a lot of bass. But for a room of your size and the small listening distance you should do fairly well with them.
Just curios...I saw in a slices video that you use gelenecs (8040?), have you switched because of that? Or do you still have a good opinion on the genelecs and just see the dynaudio as an alternative?
Bump!
Id like to know this too. :)

jonm10

Post by jonm10 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:42 am

Def love my Blue Sky's
Ableton
Macbook pro 2.4
iMac i7
Snow Leopard
BlueSky 2.1
Apogee
Euphonix MC Control/Mix
Maschine

synnack

Post by synnack » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:15 pm

@martin808 so what did you end up getting?

I'm looking at the same options myself. One of my Mackie HR624s bit it and its time to buy new monitors.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

martin808

Post by martin808 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:11 am

I ended up buying genelec 8020's for a good price from catalyst on this forum (he lives near me and I picked them up that day) Truth be told I probably would have went for Dynaudio if the offer hadn't come up but the 8020's have been great. I originally planned to get the sub for them but I've been really happy with the sound of them. Unbelievable for the size.

Tweaking Knobs

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:00 pm

which monitors would you choose ?

You should choose Genelec .

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D