Plogue Bidule ReWire Slave Problem - Mac OS X

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jersmi

Plogue Bidule ReWire Slave Problem - Mac OS X

Post by jersmi » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:36 am

I have read of an identical problem, but i cannot get it going ON...

Using Mac OS X 10.3.7. I am attempting to use Live 4.0.1 as ReWire Master with Plogue Bidule as ReWire Slave.

I start Live first. In Live, Plogue Bidule Device shows up in Midi To menu, but there are no options for proper Bidule (1 or 2 or 3 or 4) Midi I/O. Then when I start Plogue Bidule I get the error message "Another ReWire Mixer application is already running". If I click through this message and go back to Live, the Bidule Midi I/O options now show up - only too late because Plogue Bidule already is confused.

In response to the other poster's solution: "Plogue Bidule Engine" and "Plogue Bidule Engine.bundle" files are both present in my Application Support folder (e.g., Tracktion Rewires Plogue Bidule just fine).

HELP!!!

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:42 am

start plogue bidule first.
THEN Live

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:14 pm

First start up Live
The choose plogue bidule as an audio input in any audio track.
Now bidule will load in rewire mode and the midi i/o will show up in Live.

Cheers

ernene

Post by ernene » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:36 pm

hoffman2k si right... at least in Live 4.1, but it happened to me a few times that in the first try it didn't load as a rewire app. but the second time it did... (mac os x 10.3.7)

jersmi

Post by jersmi » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:10 pm

hoffman2k -

my humble thanks.

just when you think you have tried everything the answer ends up being so simple.

a plug for my work:
i am making a multimedia puppet show to be performed in san francisco on the vernal equinox (monday, march 21), at the hush hush, 14th and guerrero in the mission district.

live and plogue bidule will be the primary software for creating the audio for the performance.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:23 pm

jersmi wrote:hoffman2k -

my humble thanks.

just when you think you have tried everything the answer ends up being so simple.

a plug for my work:
i am making a multimedia puppet show to be performed in san francisco on the vernal equinox (monday, march 21), at the hush hush, 14th and guerrero in the mission district.

live and plogue bidule will be the primary software for creating the audio for the performance.
That sounds cool. Is it a 3d sort of thing or more thunderbirds sort of puppets? In any case, please post some coverage of the show when it's done. Sounds interesting.

Cheers

jersmi

Post by jersmi » Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:34 am

I will let you know how the puppet show proceeds - i will post a link to view some video or something.

It is a real puppet show aided by technology - i.e., live and pre-recorderded audio and video projections. It is a combination of low tech/high tech - which mostly means we are poor artists making the most of what we have.