Huge white noise issue

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
dilshan89

Huge white noise issue

Post by dilshan89 » Tue May 31, 2011 8:02 pm

Hey guys,

When I plug my audio interface (m-audio fast track pro) usb into my laptop, and arm an audio track in ableton, I get a HUGE amount of white noise, and I have no idea why. The audio interface is plugged in via midi and audio cables to a Roland Fantom keyboard. Its then connected to a laptop via USB. It also gets worse when I plug in another USB cable (for example going straight from the Fantom into the laptop). Would really appreciate any help... x

crumhorn

Re: Huge white noise issue

Post by crumhorn » Tue May 31, 2011 9:45 pm

You might just have the input gain set too high on one or more channels. especially if your interface has guitar or microphone inputs.
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

kennsore

Post by kennsore » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:45 am

I've had this issue as well, I'm not really sure what it is, it could be dodgy drivers from M-Audio, it usually disapears when i restart the interface. What I also have experienced is that the fast track pro needs to be on a powered hub, the USB port (at least on the MacBook Pro) can't supply enough power for it to run properly. When supplied only by the power from the USB port it has all sorts of strange issues.

Hope this helps.

Guff Tong

Post by Guff Tong » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 pm

...and another one. :roll:

Sold mine 12 mths ago....same prob.

Have had hundreds of m-audio 'fan boys' (yes, they do seem to exist) very angry at my report of it on here.

NB: It did work for about 3 years with no problems then out of the blue....white.

:D