Laurent Garnier - Fuck USA

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:21 am

malarky wrote:i'm just upset that they won't let cat stevens here anymore...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3678694.stm
Cat Steven's = Homophobic Cunt

There I've said it ............. and I feel better for it I might add. :D
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

mocker

Post by mocker » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:44 pm

Always the same shit, we start sharing views, trying to be be as honest as possible and it ends up with idiots bashing some specific country or insulting one another... Really makes me feel like never coming back on this forum again.

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:58 pm

mocker wrote:Always the same shit, we start sharing views, trying to be be as honest as possible and it ends up with idiots bashing some specific country or insulting one another... Really makes me feel like never coming back on this forum again.
Nah, this forum still has a pretty good signal/noise ratio for an unmoderated one. Most of the time you can tell from the subject line whether to even look in the thread. I have extra time to waste at the moment, otherwise why even bother with a thread that contains "Fuck USA" in the title. You can almost predict each post in it.

Stick with it.

One thing most of us still agree on: Live is amazing; one of the best pieces of music software I've ever used (and I'm talking going back to 1993).

r.

jahnlay

Post by jahnlay » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:20 pm

It's good to question things, it takes away your complacency and makes you think about what's going on in other peoples worlds, walking a mile in their shoes for a change, damn, I love Depeche Mode!
"It's better to burn out than to fade away!"

ditroiamusic

Post by ditroiamusic » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:28 pm

I can understand the USA being cautious of letting people in, but that's getting a little ridiculous. I wouldn't hand over that much information to anyone for any reason. As far as I know, Dj's and vinyl had nothing to do with terroist attacks on us ;)

kennerb

Post by kennerb » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:41 pm

ditroiamusic wrote: As far as I know, Dj's and vinyl had nothing to do with terroist attacks on us ;)
You never saw the Coup's album cover then :wink:
3ghz Pentium 4 (Prescott), XP Sp2, 1gig Ram, Dual Monitor with Matrox Millenium, MOTU Traveler, Event EZ8 Adat card. Also IBM THinkpad t40 1.6 1 gig ram

krikor

Post by krikor » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:43 am

ditroiamusic wrote:

As far as I know, Dj's and vinyl had nothing to do with terroist attacks on us

and chris chorda's EP i like to watch...

krikor

Post by krikor » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:45 am

that is by the way one of the best record i have, and a nice ciritic of the mass media and the greed for bloody news...

Jbo

Post by Jbo » Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:37 am

honestly thats the understatement... the way medical maryJ was slated for sanctioning until it became the big gay issue to ease aidds patients suffering it was suddenly 86ed by the Bush admn. wot a crok

pc soundcard xphome AbletonLivev4 midikeyboards China Strat..... Garritan vst instruments ........(midi-me)

saddam whosayin?

Post by saddam whosayin? » Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:48 am

People like to front like the EU and Canada are on a higher level the the US immigrationwise.
Dont believe the hype

I traveled in Europe alot in the fall/winter and nearly every time we came into Germany from a former Eastern Bloc country we were stopped by the cops! It got to be like a joke...

And I know a 70 year old man who got detained on the Canadian border at Niagra Falls and sent back home for a US conviction from 1975

dont take this as an endorsement of US policy in any fashion

but immgration is definately a glass house for europeans
and I just happen to have a big-ass rock in my hand...

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:47 pm

what can i say? It's on topic and funny :lol:

Jbo

nice touch

Post by Jbo » Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:14 pm

ha ha good form!

pc soundcard xphome AbletonLivev4 midikeyboards China Strat..... Garritan vst instruments ........(midi-me)