Best Sounding DAW

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
evon

Re: Best Sounding DAW

Post by evon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:38 pm

scutheotaku wrote:
stringtapper wrote:
evon wrote:Can you believe these people..for christ sake...MUSIC WAS MEANT FOR EARS!!!!!
Cake was made for eating and so on. If you increase something and it sounds drastically better what more could you want. :roll:
What you're still not understanding is that your (specific) perception of how one DAW sounds different than another is based on many things that may include your own physiology as well as psychological and psychoacoustic factors. It is altogether plausible that the reason that you hear a difference has absolutely nothing to do with any specific DAW and everything to do with you and your environment (physical and psychological).

So if one sounds better than the other (to you) then go for it. The proliferation of organized religions throughout the ages proves that human beings often have a need to believe in things that exist only in their minds. It's ok, you're only human. Use what you like.
+1000
Bulls...all that is intellectual crap.

Thousands, if not millions of people agree that this or that DAW sounds better. Millions of ears decide that this or that song becomes a million seller. There is already consensus on which DAW sounds better.

You telling me shit about psycho this and physio shit does not change that fact. And the topic was not asking for a scientific analysis of DAWS ass holes. It was just simply...simply asking your opinion on which DAW sounds best to you.

You are all just full of pseudo intellectual crap. :!: :!:
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:43 pm

You want to know one more fact... as long as I keep this post going you will still have to keep coming back to see where it went. You're all losers, all of you.
fe real!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 pm

damn evon. aren't you getting a little brash at this point?

i mean if you set out to get us to tell you that the best DAW is the one that the most "hits" are made with then fine... Pro Tools is the best DAW.

if you set out to get us to tell you that the best DAW is the one that "just works" with Apple products then fine, Logic is the best DAW.

if you set out to get us to tell you that the best DAW is the one most of us here (on Ableton's forum) use primarily then fine, Live is the best DAW.

if all you want is a list of people's opinions with a single DAW answer, then maybe you should have started a poll :?: :idea:

at this point you're slinging insults, you do have a point that has not been lost on me, but the fact remains that this is all subjective, and all opinion based, regardless of anything anyone can type here in one of these little "post a reply" windows. i think you know this.

most popular/purchased doesn't mean shit. if it did, then the Ford Taurus is one of the best cars in the world :roll:

i'm going to go back to the DAWs don't make sounds stance... and therefore the answer is none. there is no best sounding DAW, only various levels of music they were partially used to produce... where the suck/blow factor and the love/envy factor is still just as subjective as ever.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that :arrow:

/THREAD. Please.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:58 pm

stringtapper wrote:
3dot... wrote:the comment about "organized religions" has nothing to do with human perception
faith is something else altogether..
a bad analogy
The analogy wasn't related to the component of perception, but rather the component of similar psychological factors involved in how humans hold convictions about things they cannot prove scientifically. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
hehe.. no worries ..I just think it isn't an appropriate comparison
(and I know. you despise religions..me too when it's used to control others )

conviction of certain concepts in religion and in this case are also pretty far from being similar..
simply the issues addressed by both are far in magnitude
(true that most religious people don't really go into the depth and philosophy of their faith..
and simply want to believe in the possibility of utopia..
in this rough existence..
or be accepted in their community.
.or feel their a part of something special
the concept of god in most of these cases is irrelevant
this is why these traits though could be found easily in many civil and governmental …organizations..
it's simple human psychology..
atheists hold on to a certain concept as well..)
in the current example.. it's simply hearsay plus ignorance ..
something that all of us are subject to..

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:02 pm

/THREAD

it's getting too rough in here .. 8)

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:09 pm

evon wrote:You want to know one more fact... as long as I keep this post going you will still have to keep coming back to see where it went. You're all losers, all of you.
The one inarguable fact in the thread. :)

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:11 pm

I knew there was a catch! !

evon

Post by evon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:16 pm

H20nly wrote:damn evon. aren't you getting a little brash at this point?

i mean if you set out to get us to tell you that the best DAW is the one that the most "hits" are made with then fine... Pro Tools is the best DAW.

if you set out to get us to tell you that the best DAW is the one that "just works" with Apple products then fine, Logic is the best DAW.

if you set out to get us to tell you that the best DAW is the one most of us here (on Ableton's forum) use primarily then fine, Live is the best DAW.

if all you want is a list of people's opinions with a single DAW answer, then maybe you should have started a poll :?: :idea:

at this point you're slinging insults, you do have a point that has not been lost on me, but the fact remains that this is all subjective, and all opinion based, regardless of anything anyone can type here in one of these little "post a reply" windows. i think you know this.

most popular/purchased doesn't mean shit. if it did, then the Ford Taurus is one of the best cars in the world :roll:

i'm going to go back to the DAWs don't make sounds stance... and therefore the answer is none. there is no best sounding DAW, only various levels of music they were partially used to produce... where the suck/blow factor and the love/envy factor is still just as subjective as ever.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that :arrow:

/THREAD. Please.

I set out for you to tell me or for you to say as the topic implied: "In your opinion, which DAW Sounds The Best". I eventually concluded that this is a no-topic as DAW's are not like musical Instruments and do not have a characteristic sound.

So what is happening here?

Post Closed.
fe real!

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:31 pm

evon wrote:
I set out for you to tell me or for you to say as the topic implied: "In your opinion, which DAW Sounds The Best". I eventually concluded that this is a no-topic as DAW's are not like musical Instruments and do not have a characteristic sound.

Post Closed.
So now that you've removed your head from your ass, don't you feel a bit better? :roll:
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:34 pm

AceLuby wrote:
evon wrote:

Post Closed.

So now that you've removed your head from your ass, don't you feel a bit better? :roll:
unnecessary .. :cry:

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:08 pm

3dot... wrote:
AceLuby wrote:
evon wrote:

Post Closed.

unnecessary .. :cry:
You are correct... I apologize...
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

fisto

Post by fisto » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:15 pm

evon wrote:
Bulls...all that is intellectual crap.

Thousands, if not millions of people agree that this or that DAW sounds better. Millions of ears decide that this or that song becomes a million seller. There is already consensus on which DAW sounds better.

You telling me shit about psycho this and physio shit does not change that fact. And the topic was not asking for a scientific analysis of DAWS ass holes. It was just simply...simply asking your opinion on which DAW sounds best to you.

You are all just full of pseudo intellectual crap. :!: :!:
:!: :!: :!: :!: yep!!! my point too. Pseudo Live Hippies....but they just don't get it

abluesky

Post by abluesky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:31 pm

I was involved in a double blind test between Logic 9 and Protolols 8, using top of the line conversion in a professional studio built for film and TV scoring.

No plugins were used. Just listened to the same track - interleaved stereo file - through the two different programs going through the same IO.

I was able to identify which file was Protools and which was Logic 10 out of 12 times.

Another who took the same test did so 9 out of 12 times.

Rendering out the same file in both Protools and Logic resulted in null.

Go figure.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:40 pm

you need a. larger test group than you and another dude ..
also 10 out of 12...isn't even accurate ..

abluesky

Post by abluesky » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:10 pm

3dot... wrote:you need a. larger test group than you and another dude ..
also 10 out of 12...isn't even accurate ..

Well, it was more than me and another dude. We just did it on the same day.

10 out of 12 isn't accurate huh? 10/12 is 83%. That's a high degree of accuracy in AI algorithms used to analyze human behavior. high enough to be published in academic journals anyway.

But that's not my point, whether it was accurate or not. MY POINT is that two files can null and at least two separate people will identify those as being different under double blind testing conditions. That's MY POINT.

Peace.