Best Sounding DAW

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
pepezabala

Re: Best Sounding DAW

Post by pepezabala » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:46 pm

my DAW doesn't sound at all. It's the interface that matters.

evon

Post by evon » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:20 pm

pepezabala wrote:my DAW doesn't sound at all. It's the interface that matters.
I agree..just f...k off with the DAW and play my synth. through the f..king interface, problem solved. Thread closed.
This has got to be the clincher, no more DAW arguments.
fe real!

evon

Post by evon » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:32 pm

Rationalizer wrote:Well I browse through some comments, but stopped after reading this kind of comments "Abletons Live 8 sounds pretty much like bullshit when you're recording with it." There's no useful information in this kind of discussions, only guesses and opinions that aren't based on anything valid or reliable.
You know...I just really read what you said. Amazin..so it seems you are implying that our ears are guessing?! Also are you admitting that if I see you about to take a dive from the deep end of a pool that appears to have water in it but there actually is none, that my telling you that that shit only looks like there is water in it but there is none, would not be useful information?

What are you doing sympathizing with the Abes..the Abes don't respect that ..that is not useful to them. Live was built on hardcore criticisms. They dont want to hear that... oh.. Live is so great when they f..kin know that they are not half where they want to be or where they intend to go.

Anyway..no hard feelings I just love to rant..dont take it personally. I do this mostly when I am not creating.
fe real!

crumhorn

Post by crumhorn » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:51 pm

To say Live "sounds like bullshit" is just idiotic.

If you are going to criticise the sound quality at least try to be a bit more descriptive of exactly what you find lacking.

No one will take you seriously with statements like "It sounds like bullshit". What does that even mean?
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:04 am

crumhorn wrote:"It sounds like bullshit". What does that even mean?
the volume is very low? :?

i guess it depends on whether it's the sound you hear the moment bullshit becomes manifest or what it sounds like the rest of the time.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:05 am

evon wrote:
Rationalizer wrote:Well I browse through some comments, but stopped after reading this kind of comments "Abletons Live 8 sounds pretty much like bullshit when you're recording with it." There's no useful information in this kind of discussions, only guesses and opinions that aren't based on anything valid or reliable.
You know...I just really read what you said. Amazin..so it seems you are implying that our ears are guessing?! Also are you admitting that if I see you about to take a dive from the deep end of a pool that appears to have water in it but there actually is none, that my telling you that that shit only looks like there is water in it but there is none, would not be useful information?

What are you doing sympathizing with the Abes..the Abes don't respect that ..that is not useful to them. Live was built on hardcore criticisms. They dont want to hear that... oh.. Live is so great when they f..kin know that they are not half where they want to be or where they intend to go.

Anyway..no hard feelings I just love to rant..dont take it personally. I do this mostly when I am not creating.
Yeah, so this reply you keep on quoting was on the 1st page and you've answered it 4 times already? Are you one of those people who think that everyone should agree with them or what?

I record hardware synths and vocals almost every day with Live. Never have them "sound like shit". So, no matter how hard you're trying to convince me and others to agree with you, it ain't working.

Looking forward reading your next 4 answers to this.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:20 am

evon wrote:Hehehe..you know its amazin.. :lol: :lol: :lol: even though this topic is such a beaten track...it amazes me to see how it still continues to attract so much attention.
It's because pricks like you and fisto won't stop banging on about it and there's a whole world of us who can't just sit idly by while you spout constant bullshit without providing any technical evidence.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 am

H20nly wrote: well, gotta go :arrow: there's this forum for this product i don't really care for that much, i need to log in and try to sound educated while i complain about that item for a while. :roll:
I had a similar mental image involving sitting down to eat at my favourite restaurant only for someone to come bursting in shouting about how everyone should eat at the place down the road. "Cool, you prefer the food at the other place. Why aren't you there? I'm trying to eat, man."
:roll:
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

fisto

Post by fisto » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:37 am

yeah guys. I would rather believe some numbers than my ears :?:

Better heave a listen at my latest Britney Spears Dubstep-Remix :mrgreen:

http://soundcloud.com/fistognosticated/ ... vs-britney

Written in Live but mixed and further sounddesign in Reaper :mrgreen:
Cheerselot

esky

Post by esky » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:07 am

No, thanks. But you have my honest admiration to willingly listen to Britney Spears.

fisto

Post by fisto » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:14 pm

no prob mate. You're missing good stuff, not me :mrgreen:
Assuming that i listen to Britney only because I remix her is the wrong way to go :)

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:42 pm

fisto wrote:yeah guys. I would rather believe some numbers than my ears :?:

Better heave a listen at my latest Britney Spears Dubstep-Remix :mrgreen:

http://soundcloud.com/fistognosticated/ ... vs-britney

Written in Live but mixed and further sounddesign in Reaper :mrgreen:
Cheerselot
Ears are not objective... that's the whole point as to why this conversation is ridiculous. On one hand you have objective scientific analysis and on the other you have people like you who swear they 'hear' a difference.

If you've ever done real studio work w/ bands you would know that peoples ears, even trained ones, are not reliable. It's why every engineer has a knob that does nothing so that when someone asks for more <insert effect/EQ here> you just fiddle w/ that knob until they think it's better. Again, ears are subjective, even yours.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

Cezband

Post by Cezband » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:49 pm

fisto wrote: Better heave a listen...
Yep, nothing makes me dry-wretch quite the same way as having a spastic mash-up of bleating derp-pop and generic brostep inflicted on my ears. :mrgreen:
Live 7.0.18 | Axiom 61 | Launchpad | Homous | Nanokontrol | Saffire 6 | Ibanez Jazzmaster Bass | Biscuits
Soundcloud (solo stuff) | One Gear Go (my band)

fisto

Post by fisto » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:01 pm

Cezband wrote:
fisto wrote: Better heave a listen...
Yep, nothing makes me dry-wretch quite the same way as having a spastic mash-up of bleating derp-pop and generic brostep inflicted on my ears. :mrgreen:
you're free to do it better man :lol:

perplex

Post by perplex » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:06 pm

fisto thats good pretty good for those who enjoy the dubstep genre. and a nice tune for skrillex diehards

but it seems like the higher frequences are dominating the entire mix. am i the only one that hears this?