Cant record an audio track without recording everything

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
dilshan89

Cant record an audio track without recording everything

Post by dilshan89 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Hey guys,

I just tried to record an audio track from my Roland Fantom, connected via USB (the Fantom is set as my audio interface). But when i try to record a track, everything thats playing at the time, including all the other audio tracks (and even the metronome sound) is also recorded into the audio clip. Why is this happening? Would really appreciate any help...

zeropoint

Re: Cant record an audio track without recording everything

Post by zeropoint » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 am

well i don't know the fantom but if you're using it as your audio interface and your whole mix is going through it and getting recorded then i think you have possibly set your live input to record from the master outputs from the fantom.

indeed i'm guessing that the fantom only offers one set of stereo outputs via its usb connection and due to the way you have the routing set up everything is getting piped through them.

check the fantom manual to see how the audio is routed internally and then make the necessary adjustments at both the live and fantom end.....

maybe someone else who has a fantom can throw more light.......
MacBook Pro 17" 2.93Ghz 8G Ram, Live 9.6, OSX 10.11.3,Faderfoxes, Monome........