From Nuendo To Ableton - easy - how !?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
gore

From Nuendo To Ableton - easy - how !?

Post by gore » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:57 am

Hi I have question :
I Use with nuendo , now Im trying Ableton ... he seems to me very good , very easy , very enjoyable ,-)))
But :

1/ I have a lot of projects for Nuendo , how is possible (easy) convert my Nuendo projects to Ableton ? ( trought MIDs file is it too much work .-// )

2/ I have a lot of sounds for SW synth in _.fxp / _.fxb formát , but I was shocked ! Ableton dont support _.fxp / _.fxb format ???? I tryed Ableton with my VA-1 synth ... there is not screan for open _.fxp / _.fxb !? ... 8O

jamief

Post by jamief » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:41 am

i can say i swapped over from cubase 3 years ago and i am very very happy with live. it is much easier to produce the music i want to without all the hassle.
i dont have answer for other questions above though sorry

best
JamieF~

gore

Post by gore » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:32 pm

Is not possible import whole MID file ??? EHH :-///
Last edited by gore on Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minimal

Post by minimal » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:35 pm

gore wrote:EH I didnt look at FILE > OPEN

Ableton dont support MIDs import !!??????????

UF GAME OVER BYE BYE Ableton ..... .-//
midi files yes but sysex not (yet).

hopefully next release.

gore

Post by gore » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:47 pm

HOW ? When Im trying import whole MID is not possible . I can import only each tracks from MID - track by track !??

supster

Post by supster » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:18 pm

No, you need to import each MIDI track seperately

Yes, Live does support FXB, FXP formats

Look at the small Live interface for the effect. There are icons on the interface for open / save fxb and fxp formats
--
NEW SPECS: Athlon 4200+ dual; A8N-SLI m/b; Win XP Home SP2; 1 GB RAM; 2x 7200 RPM HDD: 1 internal, 1 Firewire 800 (Firewire is project data drive); M-Audio Triggerfinger

josh 'vonster' von; tracks and sets
http://www.joshvon.com

buzzcock

Post by buzzcock » Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:26 pm

gore-

I haven't found any EASY way to do this, but here's what I have done from Cubase SX:

-Name all MIDI and Audio tracks in Nuendo, if you have not done so already.

-Export your Nuendo MIDI files as "type 1".

-Save copies of your Audio tracks (if any) in the folder with this MIDI file.

-Save all plug-in presets.

In Live:

-Open the folder you have created in the Live browser. Inside you will see all the individual MIDI & Audio tracks with the names yoou gave them.

-Select all tracks in the folder and simply drag onto the arrangement or session view (depending on how you want to use them).

-you will of course have to re-assign all VSTis and effects to the appropriate channels and any automation data will have to be re-created manually(which isn't so hard in Live).

-fxp data can be loaded on most plug-ins.

Good Luck!

rikhyray

Post by rikhyray » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:23 pm

I do it the way described above ( with SX) but due to Live`s verybasic midi ( though still better then Reasons) I feel it is better to convert to audio first. I record midi in Live too but then always render to audio ( keeping the original in case of wish to change something).
Live is originally audio program and that how it performs the best, until they develop midi side , the serious midi users are forced to use other software.
It all depend on specific project/ music what might be better to use Live or Nuendo. I dont use Cubase unless there is no other way, it slows me down too much, I mean it is great but Live is so much faster for me.

gore

Post by gore » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:25 am

OH THX ALL FOR REPLY !!!! :wink:

ishimaru

Post by ishimaru » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:13 am

Cripes when I made the switch from FLP on a PC to Pro Tools, a mac, and Ableton I was like ... sucks to trying to import wav's and midi and ect. I started fresh and new. A clean canvas, brushes, and paint wheel to create new and original ideas. Sometimes it's just best to start fresh. It's a ton of work but you'll be more rewarded by your new stuff than your old stuff.