This day and age... Referencing on Apple headphones?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
perplex

This day and age... Referencing on Apple headphones?

Post by perplex » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:40 am

Since the push is towards personal devices with headphones -- especially apple devices, do you make sure your mix sits well through these headphones?

It helped out my mixes quite well TBH. anyone else here agree?

Earwax69

Re: This day and age... Referencing on Apple headphones?

Post by Earwax69 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:27 am

I agree. The more reference the best.

Alfonso Muchacho

Post by Alfonso Muchacho » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:47 am

Well, you want them to sound good on anything so I always listen on headphones. The thing I always find is that my monitors can make it seem like I've got a load of bass in the track and then I find I try some crappy ear buds and the bass has disappeared from where they can't reproduce the really low frequencies. Testing this way makes me go back and add in some more low-mids so that you can actually tell there's a bassline there.

DuncanCox

Post by DuncanCox » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:10 am

I am 100% agree with you. Actually, I think this headphone has a very high quality among all other headphone available in the market.

perplex

Post by perplex » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:59 am

Alfonso Muchacho wrote:Well, you want them to sound good on anything so I always listen on headphones. The thing I always find is that my monitors can make it seem like I've got a load of bass in the track and then I find I try some crappy ear buds and the bass has disappeared from where they can't reproduce the really low frequencies. Testing this way makes me go back and add in some more low-mids so that you can actually tell there's a bassline there.
this is actually a good point, I do this as well!

nafe

Post by nafe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:59 pm

i try and reference anything i can get my hands on. monitors, pa, car sterio, ipod, laptop speakers, ipod dock speaker thingy. if it sits good across them all it sits good.