Can't fucking loop this thing !!!!!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
marra

Re: Can't fucking loop this thing !!!!!

Post by marra » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Thanks man! But the problem is more getting the 2nd sample to loop infinitely the way it does the first few seconds..

markmakingmusic dropped some serious knowledge though and I'm gonna study this thing real hard to show you what I mean!

Thanks again..

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:39 pm

@Hermanus - Yeh - but doing it logically so it actually fits seems to bugger up the 'musical context' or something...
:?

@OP - May be better just slicing the ripped samples into a chain of simplers and playing them the way he wants them?
You can continuously mix stuff with different tempos and have it fit, but the tempos must be related in some useful way and the resulting beats must relate usefully relate - polyrythms etc. Random unrelated tempos with beats just dont mix and TBH if you have a sens of rhythm - they dont match for more than perhpas a beat - never mind a bar even.

Kind of helps when the samples are in the same or a related key as well unless you stage name is DJ Trainwreck or similar ;)

Though - maytbe that is you aim, but your questions sugest otherwise. I'm just thinking you fundamentally dont get beat based music if that is your aim?
Nothing to see here - move along!

marra

Post by marra » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:45 pm

I like the sound of that! It's been a dream of mine for quite some time now for Live to introduce warping to Simpler / Sampler / Drum Racks, so it can work just like an MPC hence no more of these problems.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:58 pm

@Kazhul

Yes absolutely right, I did this in minutes, once it was done I realized it was not the purpose and the original groove was "killed" [ruined :/]