Making start / end of sample blend in

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
marra

Making start / end of sample blend in

Post by marra » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:13 am

Hi!

I found this cool sample that I'm looping in an audio clip. But the beginning and end makes a big dent in the flow - how do I fix this? I can't seem to edit the sample in Sampler so I can play with ADSR and crossfading..

If Slice to MIDI would slice my actual loop instead of only bits and pieces of it..

So now I have to:

1. Render the loop to a .wav
2. Reimport that .wav into a drumrack
3. Edit the loop with Sampler?

And once I make it that far - what techniques can I use for making the beginning and end of my sample sound more like one?

Thanks !!

LeifonMars

Re: Making start / end of sample blend in

Post by LeifonMars » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:17 am

Why not dragging it to arrangement view, edit it there, consolidate, and bring it back to session or to any device you wish?
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

marra

Post by marra » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:22 am

I'm thinking about adjusting the attack / release and crossfading to make the beginning / end less prominent. Dragging it into arrangement view doesn't give me any of these abilities..

LeifonMars

Post by LeifonMars » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:41 am

marra wrote:I'm thinking about adjusting the attack / release and crossfading to make the beginning / end less prominent. Dragging it into arrangement view doesn't give me any of these abilities..
Since I can't know what sort of dent it is we are talking about I thought you'd might want chop some pieces off and maybe replace the beginning and the end of the loop with the same piece. I don't think ADSR of the sampler is the solution here, but then again, I'm only imagining the dent your suffering from.
MBP OSX 10.6.8, Live 8.4, MFII, Evolver, Monomachine, Octatrack, APC40, Launchpad

marra

Post by marra » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:54 am

It's just a small thing but you can clearly hear it's a loop..

Ain't this what crossfading is for?