OH NO Not the Dreaded "Which Monitors" Question again!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
deanthomastunes

Re: OH NO Not the Dreaded "Which Monitors" Question again!!

Post by deanthomastunes » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:24 pm

Peevy wrote:
deanthomastunes wrote: Well, I've only just recently purchased them and I have used them on one track so far. Tbh, I think they found fantastic. Yeh, they are Rokit 6s. The highs are particularly good.

I toyed with getting the Mackie MR5s; it just came down to what I could find a better deal on.
I might consider the Rockit 6s, I think I can actually demo them in a shop in Belfast (about 35 miles away...not too far)
I've heard they're not as boomy as the Rockit 5s which is a good thing. Plus they're not that expensive (have to keep the lady happy if you know what I mean)
The Carpet Cleaner wrote:using headphones for an extended period of time is not recommended (for your health), it's much better to use small monitors at low level. You should seriously quit this habit.
I hear ya. I mainly use the headphones at night but I very rarely listen at high levels. If I'm composing during the day I'd rather use monitors.
Obviously, the Rokit6s are designed primarily for small studio / domestic use, which suits my set-up just fine. Excellent for close-field monitoring.
Progressive/Tech/Uplifting Trance
Soundcloud | Facebook | Twitter

LATEST RELEASES
BUY HERE

Peevy

Post by Peevy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:40 am

I ended up getting a pair of Adam A5X's. So far I'm very impressed with them, I only have them about a week now so they'll take a wee bit of getting used to (I'm pretty comfortable with them already though) but I'll tell you what, they sound waaayyyy better than the Behringer B2031P's I had.
Image Image Image Image

jamief

Post by jamief » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:37 pm

GENELECS EVERTIME

Peevy

Post by Peevy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:34 pm

jamief wrote:GENELECS EVERTIME
There seem to be a lot of Genelec fans here but there's a few reasons I went for Adams over Genelec. The main one being that the equivalent to the A5X's which is the 8030a's are over £300 more expensive & on paper at least don't have as much low end as the A5X's. I've also read a lot of opinions online from different forums that Genelecs sound amazing but mixes don't translate too well to average consumer HiFi/Stereo systems. This isn't my opinion since I haven't heard them myself, my main reason for staying away from Genelecs was the price & the fact that Adams Monitors generally get rave reviews. I'm very happy with my A5X's so far.
Image Image Image Image

matthews

Post by matthews » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:48 pm

Love Adams

jamief

Post by jamief » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:48 pm

I had 8030's and A5's side by side for month and a half. Had a5's first then bought 8030's. i no longer have the A5's. Sonically it was night and day for my ears. Also had rokit 6,s withA5 side by side before that and Sonically the A5 won there.
Cant quote on the mix side of things but sound wise genelecs everyday for me
Peevy wrote:
There seem to be a lot of Genelec fans here but there's a few reasons I went for Adams over Genelec. The main one being that the equivalent to the A5X's which is the 8030a's are over £300 more expensive & on paper at least don't have as much low end as the A5X's. I've also read a lot of opinions online from different forums that Genelecs sound amazing but mixes don't translate too well to average consumer HiFi/Stereo systems. This isn't my opinion since I haven't heard them myself, my main reason for staying away from Genelecs was the price & the fact that Adams Monitors generally get rave reviews. I'm very happy with my A5X's so far.
i had

jamief

Post by jamief » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:49 pm

They are all good speakers
jamief wrote:I had 8030's and A5's side by side for month and a half. Had a5's first then bought 8030's. i no longer have the A5's. Sonically it was night and day for my ears. Also had rokit 6,s withA5 side by side before that and Sonically the A5 won there.
Cant quote on the mix side of things but sound wise genelecs everyday for me
Peevy wrote:
i had

matthews

Post by matthews » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:51 pm

A5X's are a sizable step up from the original A5's, imo of course. But I absolutely agree that any of these are night/day over rokits.

Rave

Post by Rave » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:31 pm

Genelecs FTW plus they at guaranteed for an age. You won't get that off many manufacturers. Thay do also translate well as they are very unforgiving and have a serious amount of detail. Of course if you set them up wrong u will fail.

I love mine and my mixing improved tenfold as a result. I even started to get complements about my mixing too.

lapieuvre

Post by lapieuvre » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:41 am

Love Adams
I'm surprised the the Adam A7-x are not mentionned. Please listen to them before making a final choice!
MBP 2018, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.15.7
MBP M1 Max 64 GB Ram, OSX 14.3.1
Live 10.1.43 Suite
Live 11.3.21
Live 12 Beta
Interface : Apollo Twin duo

UnCL0NED

Post by UnCL0NED » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:09 am

I own KRK's. They sound good, all round for the price you pay imo.
But I will never buy them again ever and will also never recommend them to anyone anymore, because there customer service sucks (as in they don't help you at all)!
So if you care for customer service: Do NOT buy KRK's!
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

Cowlash

Post by Cowlash » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:38 am

UnCL0NED wrote:I own KRK's. They sound good, all round for the price you pay imo.
But I will never buy them again ever and will also never recommend them to anyone anymore, because there customer service sucks (as in they don't help you at all)!
So if you care for customer service: Do NOT buy KRK's!
I've had the same quality of service from Novation recently - absolutely zero customer service at all. Shite.

Someone at Focusrite needs a slap. :evil:

jamief

Post by jamief » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:39 am

lapieuvre wrote:
Love Adams
I'm surprised the the Adam A7-x are not mentionned. Please listen to them before making a final choice!

i had these as well beside the genelecs and the gens for my ears where better

lapieuvre

Post by lapieuvre » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:35 pm

jamief wrote:
lapieuvre wrote:
Love Adams

i had these as well beside the genelecs and the gens for my ears where better
I have Genelecs, they sound amazing, but I can't make decent mix with them. I want to sell them BTW...
MBP 2018, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.15.7
MBP M1 Max 64 GB Ram, OSX 14.3.1
Live 10.1.43 Suite
Live 11.3.21
Live 12 Beta
Interface : Apollo Twin duo