Ableton Crashed Pro tools on Bounce

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
studiojl

Ableton Crashed Pro tools on Bounce

Post by studiojl » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:33 pm

Hi,
I'm running 10.4.11 on a macbook with PT 7.4 and Ableton 8 Live Lite. When I attempt to bounce with Ableton in a session, ProTools just disappears.

Already trashed the prefs and databases. I'm thinking about upgrading to the full Live but not until this issue is solved so, any help would be greatly appreciated.

drewbixcube

Re: Ableton Crashed Pro tools on Bounce

Post by drewbixcube » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:10 pm

Are you running Live as a Rewire slave? A bit more information will help a lot in this situation, as the culprit could be Pro Tools. I've frequently had bouncing problems with Pro Tools. So much so that I rarely use Pro Tools any more for anything. If I simply must bounce with it, I re-route the master track to an audio track and record it's output, then find that audio file on my hard drive.

If you're not using Pro Tools when you're ready to bounce with Live, then there's no reason for it to be open in the first place, which will solve the problem of it crashing.

studiojl

Post by studiojl » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:03 am

Yes, I use it as a rewire slave on an Aux Input track. I have two ProTools midi tracks driving the Ableton drum sounds.

I do the majority of tracks in ProTools and maybe just the drums in live. It works fine for the other songs but this one keeps crashing about 5 seconds after I select bounce, but before I can type in the name of the file. ProTools just disappears.

Just tried "Record to disc" instead. It kept maxing out CPU-wise which doesn't happen while playing. When I went to export protools crashed again like on Bounce to disc.

invol

Post by invol » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:09 am

I've been using Pro Tools since 1996, and every so often I cannot get it to bounce without crashing. When that happens I just record everything to a stereo track. Then in the regions bin, export new recording as stereo interleaved.