impOscar 2 is finally out...

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
drewbixcube

Re: impOscar 2 is finally out...

Post by drewbixcube » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:48 pm

The controller looks really nice, and guess what? You can use it with other soft-synths too! :P

But seriously, this plug sounds great. I might even go so far as to compare it to the likes of a Virus TI. Too bad with the TI you can't get the plug only though, lol. I'd rather drop the price of ImpOscar's controller on Teenage engineering's OP-1.

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:11 am

I cant figure out how to re-size the GUI :oops: Anyone here know how? And wheres the manual?

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:32 pm

glenn303 wrote:I cant figure out how to re-size the GUI :oops: Anyone here know how? And wheres the manual?
You have to move the edit knob or whatever that one is that lets you assign cc's and all that. One of them has the gui sizes show up as boxes where the additive section is.
Check the gui sizes video:
http://www.gforcesoftware.com/ins_imposcar2_video.php

The manual comes with the installer.
Professional Shark Jumper.

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:42 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
glenn303 wrote:I cant figure out how to re-size the GUI :oops: Anyone here know how? And wheres the manual?
You have to move the edit knob or whatever that one is that lets you assign cc's and all that. One of them has the gui sizes show up as boxes where the additive section is.
Check the gui sizes video:
http://www.gforcesoftware.com/ins_imposcar2_video.php

The manual comes with the installer.
Thanks GUI solved! Still cant find the manual though, Tried finding it with spotlight but came up with nothing (except for the old imposcar manual). When i installed Imposcar i did see the manual in the list of what will be installed but....? :?

*EDIT* Okay found the manual. It was installed in the most obvious location that i didn't bother to check until today....documents :oops:
Last edited by glenn303 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:21 pm

drewbixcube wrote:The controller looks really nice, and guess what? You can use it with other soft-synths too! :P

But seriously, this plug sounds great. I might even go so far as to compare it to the likes of a Virus TI. Too bad with the TI you can't get the plug only though, lol. I'd rather drop the price of ImpOscar's controller on Teenage engineering's OP-1.
Wow, id love a custom midi controller for the Virus Ti, since their own sucks!! Id like to have all the lfos directly accessable, like the first Virus A an B. From C and onwards they put vital performance controlls behind menues. Wtf??

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 pm

ze2be wrote:
drewbixcube wrote:The controller looks really nice, and guess what? You can use it with other soft-synths too! :P

Wow, id love a custom midi controller for the Virus Ti, since their own sucks!! Id like to have all the lfos directly accessable, like the first Virus A an B. From C and onwards they put vital performance controlls behind menues. Wtf??
This could help you- http://touchproducer.com/?p=1176

It's not quite 'hardware' and you do need an ipad.

I have not used it, but definitely seems to help access hidden parameters.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:21 am

Sibanger wrote:This could help you- http://touchproducer.com/?p=1176

Hey, that's pretty cool! :)

But I still would love real knobs.

glenn303

Post by glenn303 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:35 am

Sibanger wrote:
ze2be wrote:

This could help you- http://touchproducer.com/?p=1176

And the funny thing about this is that it will probably work better (i.e. be more stable) than the software that comes with the TI line. :cry:

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 am

jesQuick

Post by jesQuick » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:08 am

It IS huge... Wow...

IF I had use for it, the size alone would probably scare me away.

Not a piece of HW you drag around in your bag, neatly packed together with your laptop...

-j

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:53 am

yeah ..and the dude says it's heavy!
sexy...but hollow ... (motto for a decade)

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:56 pm

3dot... wrote:the controller is FUCKING HUGE !!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh-S4ctP ... r_embedded
lol, I love how this guy is impressed by the branding on the box and the plastic it shipped in.

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:34 pm

3dot... wrote:yeah ..and the dude says it's heavy!
sexy...but hollow ... (motto for a decade)
dittooooooo

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 pm

The controller is beautiful no doubt, but I think it misses the mark for the more wide spread market. I think people want cheaper and smaller. The Korg MS-20 controller was perfect. We need more of those, tailored to this kind of synth.
Professional Shark Jumper.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Prefer light controllers. Actually I wouldn't buy a heavy controller, if it did not contain a sound processor system, or such. And even then, lightness is always better then heaviness. Of course, good quality are mainly about ergonomics, grip and layout. Secondly size, and third weight, imo.

I wish someone would make APC40 quality components that we could put together, and buy printed plastic covers from companies like these. There was one company working on a system like this, but suprice: it was huge and heavy! Im really sorry to say so, but that was clearly: Fail