Ni apology for Kore discontinuation, offers free packs?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
drewbixcube

Re: Ni apology for Kore discontinuation, offers free packs?

Post by drewbixcube » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:50 pm

I decided to go with the Deep series (Freq, Reconstructions, Transformations). Unfortunately, the serials weren't emailed to me straight away. I'm waiting to hear back from NI now. I can't even use them in any kind of demo mode either, as the serials are needed to finish the installers. Ah well... you get what you pay for, I guess.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:09 pm

do you know if the Abby Drums are a part of this?

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:13 pm

DEEP FREQ & DEEP RECONSTRUCTIONS are now available at Surround SFX throughout the month, 49euros each.
DEEP TRANSFORMATIONS was a collaboration he was part of, so hes not selling it.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Probably going to just get packs that dont rely entirely upon Kore (for fx etc) in the future - ie stuff thats good for kontakt or massive without kore installed at all - may as well future proof as much as possible :)

I still wish they more actively consider some migration path (heap of presets, separating the fx etc) for Kore users who also have Komplete so they can continue to use the sounds and fx they have long after kore has gone and ceased to be installable...
Nothing to see here - move along!

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:13 pm

JuanSOLO wrote:do you know if the Abby Drums are a part of this?
Abbey Drums are not a part of the promotion. Here's the full list:

ABSYNTH SPECTRAL EXPANSION
ABSYNTH TWILIGHTS
ACOUSTIC REFRACTIONS
BEST OF ABSYNTH
BEST OF MASSIVE
DEEP FREQ
DEEP RECONSTRUCTIONS
DEEP TRANSFORMATIONS
ESSENTIAL BASS
FM8 TRANSIENT ATTACKS
KONTAKT SAX & BRASS
MASSIVE EXPANSION VOL.1
MASSIVE EXPANSION VOL.2
MASSIVE THREAT
NORTH INDIA
PARANORMAL SPECTRUMS
POP DRUMS
REAKTOR ANIMATED CIRCUITS
SONIC FICTION
SYNTHETIC DRUMS RELOADED
TRUE STRIKE TENSION
URBAN ARSENAL
URBAN ARSENAL 2
Khazul wrote:Probably going to just get packs that dont rely entirely upon Kore (for fx etc) in the future - ie stuff thats good for kontakt or massive without kore installed at all - may as well future proof as much as possible :)
I thought about that too, but I think the FX will be more fun to mess around with during Kore's final days. I've got enough synth presets that I don't use to turn me off on getting more. Hell, maybe I'll even buy a new computer and keep Kore installed on this one without ever upgrading so I can use it until I'm an old man.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:19 pm

I am fairly new to Kore, I am a big fan of FM8 not so much Massive or Absynth. I see the FX packs, but I am not sure what that means? Are the FX like Deep Freq additional FX to the "internal effects" part of Kore?

drewbixcube

Post by drewbixcube » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:54 pm

They're FX presets. I'm not exactly sure which FX components are used. Be they Kore native, or perhaps using FX from Reaktor, or maybe a bit of both and all of the above. Check out the linked sound examples to get an idea of what they can do.
arachnaut wrote:I highly recommend the Deep Freq package and its cousins.
Here is an example of it at work. The first sample is put through 11 different Deep Freq presets. No other effects at all.
This is part of a much longer piece in progress which uses much more morphing (that's just hinted in these initial snippets).
http://www.arachnaut.net/audio/DeepFreq11.mp3
Imagine you have a drone sample loaded into a simpler, then imagine the possibilities of manipulating that drone sound. A sample becomes a synth preset to the nth degree.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:03 pm

drewbixcube wrote:They're FX presets. I'm not exactly sure which FX components are used. Be they Kore native, or perhaps using FX from Reaktor, or maybe a bit of both and all of the above. Check out the linked sound examples to get an idea of what they can do.
arachnaut wrote:I highly recommend the Deep Freq package and its cousins.
Here is an example of it at work. The first sample is put through 11 different Deep Freq presets. No other effects at all.
This is part of a much longer piece in progress which uses much more morphing (that's just hinted in these initial snippets).
http://www.arachnaut.net/audio/DeepFreq11.mp3
Imagine you have a drone sample loaded into a simpler, then imagine the possibilities of manipulating that drone sound. A sample becomes a synth preset to the nth degree.
The downside of the effects are that you get very little control over the synth sound. 95% of the times, it will not fit your composition. You can not edit the key or cords, or its very complex to do. But its good on the full mix, for live sets. On drones etc, effects like these often completely disappear and drowns in the mix.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

@JaunSOLO,
Here's the link for those who haven't received their vouchers yet.
http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... p?t=143445

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:19 pm

Awesome THANKS!

arachnaut

Post by arachnaut » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:40 am

ze2be wrote:The downside of the effects are that you get very little control over the synth sound. 95% of the times, it will not fit your composition. You can not edit the key or cords, or its very complex to do. But its good on the full mix, for live sets. On drones etc, effects like these often completely disappear and drowns in the mix.
This may be true, but it is also true for most of the SYNTH presets that are selling these days - giant morphing cinematic sounds with complex reverbs.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:38 pm

Hi, sorry for a little OT: I just got my Deep Reconstructions license. Installed Kore free player, but the Deep installer gets an error, and says Kore player needs to be installed. Reboot did not help. Any clue?

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:53 pm

ze2be wrote:Hi, sorry for a little OT: I just got my Deep Reconstructions license. Installed Kore free player, but the Deep installer gets an error, and says Kore player needs to be installed. Reboot did not help. Any clue?
Have you run service center to make sure Kore Player is activated and that there are no updates? Then I would run Kore standalone first and make sure it is installed and authorized. Run updates if needed. Then try installing Deep Reconstructions again and see if it appears.

arachnaut

Post by arachnaut » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Some people have reported stuff like this in the NI forums. Different solutions in different cases, but one solution was to delete Kore player databases and rescan - stuff like that. Try checking the Kore forum at NI.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks. What is this service center? PM if you like.