Ableton/Numark

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The_Subject

Ableton/Numark

Post by The_Subject » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:12 pm

New here, been searching google and different forums and CANNOT find the answer, so:

I'm fairly new to all this, been just playing drum machines for years but taking over samples as well due to band line-up changes.

I'm running out of Ableton, which I don't want to change unless really have to as I know it pretty well, but something I can't work out is how to integrate my Numark DJ2GO into it. The problems I have are:

1 - I bought it as last show I spent a lot of time pissing about with the mouse jumping too and fro through audio samples, which I want to do from a deck or equivalent (DJ2GO), but can't assign MIDI mapping for the sample editor, and assigning it to the track status display doesn't do it....

2 - I need a MIDI Bass synthesizer that I can control the pitch with either the other control on the Numark, or the pitch +/- buttons, just using the Pitch effect works (sort of) BUT going down goes to -max and going up jumps to +max, and I can't work out how to change the integers (I only really need control over 1 octave or so)

Ideally the browser controls on the Numark would be assigned to one of my audio tracks (I use two, both for audio samples, so going between the two sets of 8 would be nice, although I can make do without).
The best advise I've had so far is "find the right driver" but to be honest, that sounds like scouring the net for something VERY specific, with high risk of downloading things which'll mess my laptop up.

Any suggestions?
Cheers