Walkthrough vids of creating a whole track in Live?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Citizen

Walkthrough vids of creating a whole track in Live?

Post by Citizen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:54 am

Just wondering if such a thing exists. It would be a helpful thing to watch for someone just starting out with Live.

There are heaps of tutorials explaining how various feature of Live work, but it would be great to see one that shows how to put everything together, and complete a track.

Thanks in advance!

invol

Re: Walkthrough vids of creating a whole track in Live?

Post by invol » Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:38 am

This is not exactly a tutorial, but very cool anway -

Making of "The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up" in Ableton by Jim Pavloff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU5Dn-WaElI

wowstrongkill

Post by wowstrongkill » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:07 am

look at the tom cosm tutorials. there is a 10 part series on creating a track from start to finish. about 10 hours of video.

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:56 am

Cheers guys - thanks for those. I have actually seen them both before.

I know I'm being difficult, but the first is too breif, and toms is too long. Not to knock it, but Tom obviously did his on the fly, which means it rambles just a little - my mind started to drift a little during the second hour of tweaking automation on the baseline. :(

Maybe I will give it another shot. I guess I just want to observe the general workflow of a more experienced user, to check that my understanding if things is not toofar off the money.

MacGuffin

Post by MacGuffin » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:48 pm

Citizen wrote:I just want to observe the general workflow of a more experienced user, to check that my understanding if things is not toofar off the money.
I think Tom Cosm's video is pretty much that, making music takes time. Of course he rambles a little but that's what makes the video honest and realistic. You could always fast forward a little bit when things get boring.

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Cool, I will givE it another shot. I just found myself getting irritated when he just kept tweaking and tweaking... But then again, I guess that is pretty true to what you Actually do when making music.

Citizen

Post by Citizen » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:32 pm

Oh, and in no way am I dissing Tom or the wonderful content and community he provides onhis site. He seems like a cool guy with a lot of passion for sharing his knowledge.

miqueas1

Post by miqueas1 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Sonic Academy
Ableton Live Suite 8, Launchpad, Apc40, Touch-able, Griid, Minimoog, Sylenth1, Nexxus2, Maschine Mikro, all Ableton Audio Plugins, Recyle, Waves Mastering Plug Ins. http://www.soundcloud.com/micahjames

cramos241

Post by cramos241 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:32 pm

sonic academy is pretty cool and had a good flow to their videos. lots of genres that they cover to so you get a good amount of exposure to making different kinds of sounds. gotta subscribe to their site to watch the videos though. that or find someone to share em with you...

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Timothy Allan does pretty much that in a nice and concise way: http://www.groove3.com/str/ableton-live-training/ (producing house music)