Drum controller advice

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
jbauerctu

Drum controller advice

Post by jbauerctu » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi all,

Having never used pads before Ive been messing with imaschine on my iphone and really like it.

I have live intro and was considering getting a maschine mikro but they are quite expensive, but I've just spotted an maudio trigger finger and a korg padkontrol second hand for £60 each.

I've never set one of these up with Ableton before so I want to know if they are easy to set up and if anyone has experiences of any of the above controllers?

Thanks!

JuanSOLO

Re: Drum controller advice

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:48 pm

Go for the Korg pad Kontrol.
If your not familiar using controllers, I can't say you will find it easy to set up, but it will be worth learning if you want to move forward with Live.

Also with the pad Kontrol, if you feel like you want to get more control than what it comes with,
you can go here, and get this guys stuff to really ,make it do all kinds of things with Ableton.
http://www.nativekontrol.com/pKC_Series.html

nightscope

Post by nightscope » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:13 pm

Yes, the nativekontrol software is a very good reason for getting a padkontrol.

jbauerctu

Post by jbauerctu » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:12 pm

Shame, the padkontrol is sold! Ah we'll.

Hmmm I'm now waiting on a reply on the trigger finger. I'm now wondering whether maschine mikro is worth the investment or a different drum controller.

I would like something similar to imaschine for banging out beats. Spotted a cheap akai lpk8 £29 but looks more for a laptop setup?

Ah sorry many choices and not enough knowledge