bass

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
yaddablah

Re: bass

Post by yaddablah » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:45 pm

yaddablah wrote:funny about this process. I dug up an old "bass" track I made from a guitar on Audacity and it's the best one of the bunch, so far. And of course, as the bass IS after all a stringed instrument, it has the most "basslike" quality, which is what I was after. My rudimentary bass skills are the only inhibitor now.

I am NOT interested in becoming so proficient with a midi interface that I can fake an instrument -- it's just not my thing (OK, maybe horns). I know there are awesome things you can do with a midi -- actually, as I have no drum kit here, one of the old-school ones in Live is, with a little TLC, doing the job OK for now -- a keyboard-driven synthesizer appeals to me more than a string-driven one for example.

Anyway, I'm finding a happy marriage right now between Audacity, with it's stripped-down, uncluttered interface for making clips, and Live into which I can import, tweak, and arrange them.

It's all brand new to me, I'm still learning these tools, but for the moment this seems workable. I still haven't even begun to tackle vocals.

yaddablah

Re: bass

Post by yaddablah » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:49 pm

Dragonbreath wrote:Theres an effect called simple delay..it does what its called
I coudln't make any sense of that thing. I craft my own echoes now.