new tune, wicked operator bassline

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lightshy

new tune, wicked operator bassline

Post by lightshy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:03 pm

click to download drop limit - futureproof

i'm really interesting in hearing your opinions about:
1. sound quality/mastering
2. structure: how boring (if at all) is it
and anything else you might have to say

cheers

lightshy

Post by lightshy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:54 pm

bump

rachmanoff

Post by rachmanoff » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:01 am

dope..

i was really taken in by the first minute.. it's an awesome germ. i'd try maybe making more of a section out of the break, and trimming down use of the main theme. to me, the meat of the song is a little too repetitious.

mastering job sounds great to me.

work that shit.

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:10 am

I like it, it reminds me off the dust Brothers score for Fight Club. My opinion since you asked for any, I'd shorten the inital part when the tune has set itself up after the first big brake at 1:50m cause its giving us nothing we havent had already maybe cut to the position at 2.20m or even better 3:17m a lot of long breakdowns to take it all away and stick what you taken out right at the end as a reward for after all the breaks and stuff. Maybe include a ride or some trebly extra precussion at the the last bit,(cliche I know but it won't take long to try so throw me a friggin bone here). The changy bit at 1:00 and 1:20 could be emphasied a bit more as if they cut in another song like a dj would, it already sounds different -accent the difference.

Back seat drivers eh? :roll: You wouldn't think I'd been sitting at my gear for the last 5 hours and come up with Jack shit, 8O but i have! Maybe its like relationship advice - easy to give to others hard to come up with for yourself :lol:

lightshy

Post by lightshy » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:07 am

ikeaboy wrote:I like it, it reminds me off the dust Brothers score for Fight Club. My opinion since you asked for any, I'd shorten the inital part when the tune has set itself up after the first big brake at 1:50m cause its giving us nothing we havent had already maybe cut to the position at 2.20m or even better 3:17m a lot of long breakdowns to take it all away and stick what you taken out right at the end as a reward for after all the breaks and stuff. Maybe include a ride or some trebly extra precussion at the the last bit,(cliche I know but it won't take long to try so throw me a friggin bone here). The changy bit at 1:00 and 1:20 could be emphasied a bit more as if they cut in another song like a dj would, it already sounds different -accent the difference.

Back seat drivers eh? :roll: You wouldn't think I'd been sitting at my gear for the last 5 hours and come up with Jack shit, 8O but i have! Maybe its like relationship advice - easy to give to others hard to come up with for yourself :lol:
some great tips. il most def try a cupple of dem

thanks for listenin guys