qualtiy of audio in live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
miziq

qualtiy of audio in live

Post by miziq » Thu Nov 07, 2002 9:05 pm

please can u tell me how is your expirence with pro audio use of live for studio work- putting music together in live. I`d like to use loops i made with other programs with exellent live interface, but sound output i get seems a bit muddy.

Is this only my observation .. thnx

Stiffy

Post by Stiffy » Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:20 pm

Had this problem too but got around it by adjusting the gain on the original clips and/or using effects to brighten....

Verc

Muddy Output

Post by Verc » Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:25 am

One of your best bets for maximum clarity and versatility in Live as a home studio production environment is to use a multichannel output sound card (M-Audio's offerings are GREAT) and run each channel in the session view to its own output. Then, mixing down in the analog domain allows for greater clarity and headroom. If you can afford a digital mixer then taking that route will eliminate quality loss due to A-D/D-A conversions going into the mixer. This also allows you to use external, hardware effects in concert with live and in advanced situations have reallive musicians intigrate with your Live sysytem very easily! This is how I run my setup at home for all those reasons, and I get great sound quality and amazing versatility. Long Live Live.