PC User's Blaming Apple All the Time?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
drush

Re: PC User's Blaming Apple All the Time?

Post by drush » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:02 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:blahblahblahblah
someone needs to get laid....

hacktheplanet

Post by hacktheplanet » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:12 pm

It's not what you use, it's how you use it. Duh.

Now stop worrying so much about operating system political affiliations and go write some fucking music.

vince watson

Post by vince watson » Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:59 pm

dood....please just drop this ..

all us mac guys all know what side were on, for most of us that will never change.
Ableton wasnt made for mac, still isnt good enough for mac, thats why we have problems more than the pc guys...

i cant use pc's, i really cant....but am not interested in slating poeple for their own preferance or choice...

im about as pro-mac as you can get, i have shares for christ sake......

just stop this pc thang...your not doing yourselve any favours.
Macbook Pro (Early2011) 17" Antiglare Hi Res 2.2, 8gb Ram, RME Multiface Expresscard, Ableton 7.18, Ableton 8.2.1, Snow Leopard 10.6.8

dirtstyle

Post by dirtstyle » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:03 pm

i don't think bootsy cares if you're on a pc or mac...
ededitedit.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:06 pm

I usually wear boxers. But i find I'm more productive in a string. :wink:

ejectorset

Post by ejectorset » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:40 pm

dirtstyle wrote:Image

i don't think bootsy cares if you're on a pc or mac...
are you kidding me?

bootsy was always so trimmed out with white accents on his clothing it might as well have been iFunkWardrobe 1.0. :)
13" 2.0 gHz core 2 duo macbook, live 6, korg poly 800 (w/ moog slayer mod), roland rs-09, rhodes mark 1A stage piano, mattel synsonics analog drum machine

FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Sat Feb 12, 2005 1:40 am

AdamJay wrote:
xzusa8ky wrote:
Hmmmm like I sayd! So ignorant!
quote of the year!!!!!

thats like yelling "retard" from the window of the short bus.

OMFG - roflmao - Adam that's the funniest post I've read here in ages :D .
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

Amberience

Post by Amberience » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:04 am

If this thread were a person, it would be Monica Lewinsky. It sucks cock!!

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:09 am

vince watson wrote:Ableton wasnt made for mac, still isnt good enough for mac, thats why we have problems more than the pc guys...
I use macs too, but it's just not that simple.

Live wasn't made for PC either. It's just that right now, in terms of raw processing power, with no, altivec, or dual, or SSE, PC's are faster. That could change in 4 months, but I think it's safe to say that it will be longer than that before powerbooks beat PC laptops at pure CPU power.
Live was designed purely cross platform, there's no indication that PC's are getting any better performance based on matching ghz, system bus, and RAM levels, but when a 3.4 ghz PC with a huge system bus battles a 1.6 ghz powerbook, which do you think will win the speed war?

I use Logic, and am about ready to update my copy of Digital performer as well. My biggest beef with windows is DAWs, if it wasn't for Live, I would say PC's were outclassed completely in this arena.

In my personal experience, ( I stress this! ) I've witnessed people having much more problems on the PC side than mac, in respects to people who actually know what they're doing in either OS. This doesn't mean that I don't know people with ultra fast PC's they built for less than 800$, just that the nagging issue on the PC side can be a bummer to track down.
With most mac people, there's no polite way to put this, but it tends to be that they don't know the OS, or the software, or are unfamiliar with computers in general.

There are plenty of reason why people choose either PC or mac, and all the internet blathering about it in the world isn't going to change that.

I'm looking forward to buying a PC at some point, (even if my singer will throw a fit about it, she's one of those "Fuck PC's! Fuck Windoz! mac people!), I want to mess around with Audio Mulch, and zeta3! 8)

basetwo

Post by basetwo » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:16 am

FaX-01 wrote:
AdamJay wrote:
xzusa8ky wrote:
Hmmmm like I sayd! So ignorant!
quote of the year!!!!!

thats like yelling "retard" from the window of the short bus.

OMFG - roflmao - Adam that's the funniest post I've read here in ages :D .
I'm tearing up! :lol:

So would that be the iBus then?
The question is not whether or not you are influenced, but rather what it is that influences you.
-----
Gigabyte GA-K8NS Ultra-939/AMD 64
Seagate 80Gb/Samsung 120Gb SATA
1GB RAM/Delta 66/Firebox
32bit WinXP

iskandar

Post by iskandar » Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:41 am

yup i like white peaches but hmmm yellow ones are good too but hey who cares...

MarkH

Post by MarkH » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:18 am

Live on a G5 iMac is fine. On a Powerbook it gets swallowed up. My hunch is that since the G4 has been around since 2000 it would be like running Live on a 1.5Ghz PIII.
Accidents are the portal to discovery!

AdamJay

Post by AdamJay » Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:22 am

MarkH wrote:Live on a G5 iMac is fine. On a Powerbook it gets swallowed up. My hunch is that since the G4 has been around since 2000 it would be like running Live on a 1.5Ghz PIII.
according to the Live 4 Performance Test, its almost exactly like that.
(however the PIII only made it to 1.4ghz :wink: )

liquidfx

Post by liquidfx » Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:50 am

hey APPLE is god.

im just waiting for a powerbook g5 to come out, so i can dump my 550mhz G4....

i have wet dreams everynight thinking about running Logic Pro 7 on a Powerbook g5!

thats my future.

on the flip side, i like PC because there is more software available for he platform...but its ubstable

but then again, some of the best stuff (Logic, DP, GarageBand, etc) are Mac exclusives :D

MarkH

Post by MarkH » Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:06 am

92accordlxtuner wrote:on the flip side, i like PC because there is more software available for he platform...but its ubstable

but then again, some of the best stuff (Logic, DP, GarageBand, etc) are Mac exclusives :D
Don't get me started about Logic 7. Pure garbage, crashes all the time, and the 7.01 update that was released days before NAMM is a joke. And now they want to charge for the 7.1 update? Please.
Accidents are the portal to discovery!