PC User's Blaming Apple All the Time?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
FaX-01

Post by FaX-01 » Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:27 am

WTF ???????? :? :? :? :?
My aren't the wings of butterflies beautiful and do they not make wonderful perturbations.....

noou

Post by noou » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:09 am

I recently have been in Rome at Roma Europa Festival 2005 and saw Apex Twin in a DJ set (definitely disappointing, believe me... what a shame!). He used a Pentium-M based Sony Vaio Laptop with 12,1"LCD.
.:: (noou) - electronic + music ::.
noou.bandcamp.com

mosca

Post by mosca » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:25 am

Apex twin?

i prefer sqarepusher

this thread is genius

Mooooooskkka

djsynchro

How y'all feel out there?!

Post by djsynchro » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:52 am

xzusa8ky wrote:Hi Again!
I don't wanna promote or hurt anybody but it seems that some people here on the board are trying to blame Apple all the time when something goes wrong with "Live" and I dont think that's Fair....
It is fair. I use a PC and the only times it crashes is when my neighbour uses her Apple. So that is definitely, 110% Apple's fault.

Now all PC users sing with me please:

PC good!
Apple bad!
PC FAST
Apple S.l.o.o.o.o.o.w!
PC cheap!
Apple expensive!
PC bang for the Buck
Apple suck for the Buck!
PC good!
Apple bad!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

radeon

Post by radeon » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:06 am

there is little difference between pc and mac running live

AlKaMyST

Post by AlKaMyST » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:57 pm

fuck all ya'll

atari st and cubase is the ultimate daw

synthpopkid

Post by synthpopkid » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:29 pm

I have a theory about threads that incite people. Ignore them. Cause starting a thread and getting 0 replies is the best way to get shot down in flames.

Stop biting.

amo

Post by amo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:33 pm

hehe,

I mean, we should praise Noou's effort for digging a 9 month old thread instead of simply starting a new one :)
Well done Noou, well done :wink:
Live 5.0.3 - IBM Thinkpad R51 1.5ghz Centrino - 1,5 Go RAM - 7200 RPM 2nd HDD intern - RME Multiface - Windows XP Pro SP2

funk313

Post by funk313 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 1:42 pm

AlKaMyST wrote:fuck all ya'll

atari st and cubase is the ultimate daw
:lol: :lol:

ahaha ma setup 3 years ago. atari falcon w cubase. tight as sunshinning pussy..

subterFUSE

Post by subterFUSE » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:19 pm

im just waiting for a powerbook g5 to come out, so i can dump my 550mhz G4....

There will NEVER be a G5 PowerBook.... so don't hold your breath.

It will be an Intel PowerBook, using the new Yonah Intel chip. (Basically a dual-core Pentium M)

So you will simply be buying a PC that happens to have OSX loaded on it. That's all.

I might get one too. Could be the best of both worlds, in theory. Hardware performance meets tight OS.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:45 pm

subterFUSE wrote:I might get one too. Could be the best of both worlds, in theory. Hardware performance meets tight OS.
I can't see how it could lose? unless every audio application was coded in Codewarrior.... apparently CW has to be recoded from the ground up to run on the intel macs........ DSP Quattro is a nice little two track editor that had to be completely rewritten for intel macs, but the developer is already done with it!
I'm sure Live is already baked for Intel macs, hopefully Native Instruments are there as well. Though from what I understand, cross platform developers will have an easier time, and might actually be able to port their windows versions quicker and more efficiently.

Chris J

Re: PC User's Blaming Apple All the Time?

Post by Chris J » Thu Nov 24, 2005 3:56 pm

xzusa8ky wrote:On this board alot of NOT Mac user's trying to blame Apple all the time, even if they don't own a Mac!
If you don't own a Mac you are a NOT mac user by definition. Think !
xzusa8ky wrote: Are you trying to hurt Apple?
Of course we are. Mr Apple sent me a letter this morning, he was really hurt.
xzusa8ky wrote: because you can't afford a Mac or What?
Hmmm, nasty. Contempt for people with less money than yourself is always welcome on this board.
xzusa8ky wrote: Alot of those tests on this board is so far away from the reallity!
A conspiracy ? NOT mac users pretending they have a mac and giving false results, and stupid mac users also giving false results (for a secret reason). that makes perfect sense. :roll:
xzusa8ky wrote:How can Apple be the problem if almost everything else runs smooth on the Mac? (OS X)
so basically NOT mac users are blaming Apple for their trouble with Live on PCs, do you have a link please ?
xzusa8ky wrote: I don't have all those problems written here on the board!
so they don't exist, simple as that.
xzusa8ky wrote: I got 3 Mac's in my studio and a Pc.
That's god's way of telling you you've got too much money.
by the way, which do you prefer ?
xzusa8ky wrote: I don't wanna promote or hurt anybody but it seems that some people here on the board are trying to blame Apple all the time when something goes wrong with "Live" and I dont think that's Fair....
Life is NOT fair. I'm a NOT mac user, and from now on I'll blame apple for my bugs in Live on PCs, rather than posting in the bug section, Thanks for the tip.

Hey unpronounceable name, your mummy is calling you, you supper is ready.
Quad 6600 Intel, AsusP5Q, 2Gb ram, XP sp3, Evolution MK361c & UC33e, Line6 UX8

12micsn1

Post by 12micsn1 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:12 pm

Im going to finally say it. Who the hell cares? Your computer just sucks ass!!!!!!
Vote for Pedro.

BeyondReazon

Post by BeyondReazon » Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:57 pm

MAC FACTS:

The space bar on Macs stops working after 1000 presses. After that you have to buy additional spaces through iTunes for 10p each.

Macs can't connect to bitter rival Microsoft's Hotmail site.

Apple only added the letters 'x' 'y' and 'z' to the Mac keyboard in 2003.

Macs take 35 minutes to start up (OSX recently cut this down from 55 minutes).

To play MP3s on a Mac you need to install MacP3 and MPMac and MacPlayer and 3Pmac and Mac3P and 3MacWare's 3Player.

If a Mac crashes you have to send it back to Apple to get it reconfigured.

Each time you want to run a new application you have to install it from floppy disc.

The biggest Mac-compatible hard drive is 6MB - that's enough storage space for eight minutes of music.

To get the '@' sign to display on a Mac, you press down SHIFT+APPLE+SPACE+2+Z+INV+TAB+T

To delete something you have to drag it into the Waste bin!

Once you've put a disc in a Mac drive that disc is locked to that particular drive, and can't be played on any other drive.

Mac monitors only go up to 12 inches.

In order to connect a Mac to the internet, you have to first download the MacConnect drivers from the internet.

Moore's "Other Law" states that the power of Apple Macs increases by five percent every six years.

hoffman2k

Post by hoffman2k » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:44 pm

BeyondReazon wrote:MAC FACTS:

The space bar on Macs stops working after 1000 presses. After that you have to buy additional spaces through iTunes for 10p each.

Macs can't connect to bitter rival Microsoft's Hotmail site.

Apple only added the letters 'x' 'y' and 'z' to the Mac keyboard in 2003.

Macs take 35 minutes to start up (OSX recently cut this down from 55 minutes).

To play MP3s on a Mac you need to install MacP3 and MPMac and MacPlayer and 3Pmac and Mac3P and 3MacWare's 3Player.

If a Mac crashes you have to send it back to Apple to get it reconfigured.

Each time you want to run a new application you have to install it from floppy disc.

The biggest Mac-compatible hard drive is 6MB - that's enough storage space for eight minutes of music.

To get the '@' sign to display on a Mac, you press down SHIFT+APPLE+SPACE+2+Z+INV+TAB+T

To delete something you have to drag it into the Waste bin!

Once you've put a disc in a Mac drive that disc is locked to that particular drive, and can't be played on any other drive.

Mac monitors only go up to 12 inches.

In order to connect a Mac to the internet, you have to first download the MacConnect drivers from the internet.

Moore's "Other Law" states that the power of Apple Macs increases by five percent every six years.
8O ^^^^^^^

Now thats the definition of ignorance. Micheal Jackson couldn't have explained it better.

Nice post :wink: