Reverb plug-ins?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Nx1

Re: Reverb plug-ins?

Post by Nx1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:59 am

lots of good suggestions, thanks guys

just_in

Post by just_in » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:01 am

My favorite free algo reverb: Omniverb.
Another good one is Mo' Verb (does nice medium to big rooms).

Ambience is not so bad, but I think both of these are better.

For convolution, there's Reverberate LE, which was mentioned on the first page.

Khazul

Post by Khazul » Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:48 pm

Many god reverb suggested for different purposed, but to OP - what kind of jobs are you looking for a reverb for, or just something broadly useful?

I use Aether, Breeze, Toraverb, EOS, RP-Verb, CSR and a variety of reaktor reverbs and the NI convolution reverb gthat sits in guitar rig - all for different jobs. Tempted to add red-line as well as that seems really good for certain specific tasks.

Generally I use them as follows:
Special fx and synthetic reverbs - EOS, Toraverb, RP-Verb and sometimes Aether.
Dated character reverbs - CSR, RP-Verb.
Natural spaces - breeze, aether, NI convolution.
Dense long colourless for trance like synths painos vocals etc - one of the reaktor ensembles (cant remember the name of it), sometimes toraverb or EOS or aether - used to use a reverb in my v-synth for this as well.
Accoutics spaces for drums etc - aether, breeze and would use red-line as well if I had it.
Precise accoutic spaces for orchestral sections - separate instances of aether early reflection engine, plus either aether or breeze for a common late reflection model.

All of these are good in their own way for specific tasks. For one single reverb to try and do everything - perhaps aether. If most of what you do in very synthetic, then maybe EOS or toraverb.

One of the easiest to setup for creating clear precise ambience for drums etc is red-line - tweaking that can sometimes be like focussing a lens on a camera - sometimes you find a sharp transition for general random reverb to well defined natural accoustic space, especially on drums - and its very easy to tweak. Aether OTOH has a huge amount of control - perhaps too much for many people to get on with.
Nothing to see here - move along!

Nx1

Post by Nx1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:16 pm

ya khazul, i checked out aether and im most definitely buying it..