creating beats like boom boom satellites

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
carllackey

creating beats like boom boom satellites

Post by carllackey » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:30 pm

how do create beats like boom boom satellites song push? or their remix of fact's fact of life? anny help would be appreciated!

Nx1

Re: creating beats like boom boom satellites

Post by Nx1 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:23 pm

try making something original..

BlackMath

Post by BlackMath » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:31 pm

or try learning new techniques of musicians that you admire so that you can take it to the next level

[/quote]
Nx1 wrote:try making something original..
I bet you're music is so original that we can't even hear it

carllackey

Post by carllackey » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:55 pm

gentlemen thanks for the response. i'm new at programming beats i just liked the style of boom boom satellites. i needed to just have someone show me a tutorial . remember guys not everyone grew up playing on computers.

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:31 pm

the track your talking about uses 'real drum sounds'. either from a sampled break or a sample cd or from recordings of a real drummer. it sounds to me like a breakbeat that is sliced into sections - like slice to midi in Live. sometimes the sound of high hat/cymbal hit is reversed. the slices are long enough to preserve some of the flow of the original break. on the other hand, it might be the work of someone with a talent for making flowing, natural sounding rhythm tracks - I've got a mate who just has the knack of creating good breakbeats using a midi keyboard and a sampler. If you try that its worth making the playback device (simpler, impulse, sampler kontakt whatever) velocity sensitive.
in any case - its a sampled drumkit rather than electronic drum machine sounds. i expect it'll be compressed as well.

carllackey

Post by carllackey » Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:33 pm

oddstep thanks!!