Think Ableton is really going bankrupt and out of biz?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
catalyst

Re: Think Ableton is really going bankrupt and out of biz?

Post by catalyst » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 pm

Tone Deft wrote:I'm far less interested in programming Live from the living room with an iFad and max patching than I am in Live STEPPING UP WITH PROPER DAW FEATURES.

I don't use other DAWs but from what I hear Live's Arrange view compared to other DAWs is a joke, for example.

to hell with the gadgetry, get the basics down.

as it is now I can use it just fine, I just know there's basic stuff other DAWs have that Live lacks.
^ This.

I LOVE Live. If it didn't ever get updated beyond version 8 i would still use it until compatibility issues rendered it obsolete over time.. for me personally it has seen off many more traditionally feature rich DAWs as it suits me better but it also has its flaws and things can always be improved. I'm sure the Abletons have something up there sleeves, no doubt.. and in the meantime, we make music 8)

wehkah

Post by wehkah » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:58 pm

This forum makes outsiders of a company to insiders? No! This thread is yet another senseless one. What the f+++ has this question to do with music production? Nothing!

The right question should be: Do you think the Ableton forum is getting more and more filled by stupid off topic questions?

The best thing would be, to have just access to this forum if you own a real license. Since over 2 years nearly 70% of all posts here are have nothing to do with Live or related stuff. I like to share knowledge with creative people.

So try to post such spam-a-like shit at Gearslutz and you will be banned 4 sho! The Abes should clear the whole forum & do a lot more restricted administration here.

peace
T
Motto: sharing knowledge...

https://soundcloud.com/bytechop

dab

Post by dab » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:13 am

Tone Deft wrote:I'm far less interested in programming Live from the living room with an iFad and max patching than I am in Live STEPPING UP WITH PROPER DAW FEATURES.

I don't use other DAWs but from what I hear Live's Arrange view compared to other DAWs is a joke, for example.

as it is now I can use it just fine, I just know there's basic stuff other DAWs have that Live lacks.
Right on! and to add, seems to me like a lot of Ableton's problems with buggy software started when Max was introduced.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:49 am

wehkah wrote:This forum makes outsiders of a company to insiders? No! This thread is yet another senseless one. What the f+++ has this question to do with music production? Nothing!

The right question should be: Do you think the Ableton forum is getting more and more filled by stupid off topic questions?

The best thing would be, to have just access to this forum if you own a real license. Since over 2 years nearly 70% of all posts here are have nothing to do with Live or related stuff. I like to share knowledge with creative people.

So try to post such spam-a-like shit at Gearslutz and you will be banned 4 sho! The Abes should clear the whole forum & do a lot more restricted administration here.

peace
T
Go away fanboy

That's because I'm always saying split the arrangement view and make Live pure Session tool. I am hoping Live as session tool no longer as DAW. When Pure session tool Live will come, you'll get my money again.