NI Komplete 8 is coming!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
sequentek

NI Komplete 8 is coming!

Post by sequentek » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:42 am

aizo

Re: NI Komplete 8 is coming!

Post by aizo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:53 am

Damn just got 7 but unless I buy another external HD then there's now way I can install all of this. Complete 7 was 90 some gigs. I'm mean serious? Who has time to go through all that? Why even tweak sounds when you got that?
ImageImage

sequentek

Post by sequentek » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:57 am

aizo wrote:Damn just got 7 but unless I buy another external HD then there's now way I can install all of this. Complete 7 was 90 some gigs. I'm mean serious? Who has time to go through all that? Why even tweak sounds when you got that?
that is what i think... what is the point of all that data when sound is not original from artist.. maybe as a starting point... i do not know.

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:58 am

Looks Krap.

As someone else said elsewhere on the internet they can stick Komplete where they stuck Kore :)

$499 to upgrade, probably £500 over here.

Doubt it.

And the majority of their sounds are horrible!
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

sequentek

Post by sequentek » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:19 pm

well i will not buy it for shure.. just sharing the info.

for me the bigger news is reaktor update as there will be more maschine integration and new ensamble preset system.

maybe i can finaly save my own presets on razor with reaktor player.

ark

Post by ark » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:42 pm

sequentek wrote:for me the bigger news is reaktor update...
Um, what Reaktor update? 5.6 is already available.

sequentek

Post by sequentek » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:53 pm

ark wrote: Um, what Reaktor update? 5.6 is already available.
Reaktor 5.6.1

New and improved features:
  • 64bit compatibility fix for Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion"
    New preset format with support for Maschine 1.7 sound browser
    Revised master snapshot system
    Ensemble state can be stored as a preset
    Copy/paste of ports in Core macros

ark

Post by ark » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:04 pm

I would be surprised if 5.6.1 were not a free update for people who already have 5.6

bobland

Post by bobland » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm

Not surprisingly, this appears to go lock step with Maschine. Since I don't have Maschine nor does it make sense for me to own one, especially at that price, I don't see any reason to upgrade. I still haven't explored even half of what's in K7. Pass.

djphenaproxima

Post by djphenaproxima » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:30 pm

bobland wrote:Not surprisingly, this appears to go lock step with Maschine. Since I don't have Maschine nor does it make sense for me to own one, especially at that price, I don't see any reason to upgrade. I still haven't explored even half of what's in K7. Pass.
+1. I've barely scratched the surface of Komplete 7 myself.

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:34 pm

I have Komplete 6, and as with Komplete 7 and 8, there isn't enough "new" in it, to make me want it.

ark

Post by ark » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:39 pm

sequentek wrote:Reaktor 5.6.1

New and improved features:
  • 64bit compatibility fix for Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion"
    New preset format with support for Maschine 1.7 sound browser
    Revised master snapshot system
    Ensemble state can be stored as a preset
    Copy/paste of ports in Core macros
Where did you see this description? Is there a list of which instruments and effects are in Komplete 8?

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:42 pm

I've got K6 and as I mainly make my own sounds there's not been anything new in K7, or K8 that entices me into splashing out on an upgrade.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:42 pm

JuanSOLO wrote:I have Komplete 6, and as with Komplete 7 and 8, there isn't enough "new" in it, to make me want it.
Same boat here and I felt the same about K7, but you never know what Kontakt 5 and Guitar Rig 5 will hold. Although I'm starting to wonder what else they can really do. I'm a bit worried that it'll just be more "advanced" feature bloat. Kontakt 4 sample loading was significantly improved but as for the interface and functionality, it just tends to get more complicated and not really introduce a whole lot of improvements in useability. The reason Maschine was such a success was that it actually simplified a lot about the interface and interaction with the program, thanks mainly to it being restricted to a hardware layout. Things like Kontakt, Absynth and Guitar Rig while they keep growing in power, haven't really improved in this area. It's interesting that NI have the best product which merges software and hardware (Maschine), yet all their other software is the worst for that. Trying to get good hardware control (via extensive midi mapping or automap or Ableton's device configuration) of NI instruments is is such a pain - In Kontakt every damn preset has to have it's parameters set up individually, absynth have to every learned to macros first, and all of their new effects are in the Guitar Rig interface, which is just another layer, so the plug-in itself does not stay consistent in terms of parameters. Kind of annoying.
Professional Shark Jumper.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm on K6, I'm thinking if I buy 7 right now if I'll get 8 for free. Ifthat's the case as soon as I hear whether the fucking annoying as hell bug in Guitar Rig 4 that has DAWs not able to save preset banks with your Live Set is fixed in Guitar Rig 5. As a Kore user 7 will be the last Kore compitiable version, so my only interest in 8 is with GR5.