NI Komplete 8 is coming!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
glitchrock-buddha

Re: NI Komplete 8 is coming!

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:01 pm

puzzlefactory wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:
Definitely a good policy if you prefer synths. They don't update their synths much anymore, they are quite focused on sample content these days it seems. Though they have added to Reaktor recently.
I just read an interview in Computer Music magazine, with one of the guys from NI. In that he says that the majority of new developments are going to be centered around either Reaktor, Kontakt or Guitar Rig (synths, samplers and effects) and you can kind of see this policy in effect with the recent releases of Razor, session strings pro and the new vintage compressors.

It is a shame however (from a synth perspective) as although Reaktor is great and easy for developers to use, you can't create the powerhouses that are Massive, Absynth and FM8 inside it, as it's extremely CPU hungry!
It's an annoying and lazy trend if you ask me. It might make good business sense but I personally don't like having all my stuff within shells and that is essentially what is going on with new products being made to go in existing ones. New synths in Reaktor and new effects in guitar rig. I'd much rather just have a VST that does what it's supposed to do and that alone.
Professional Shark Jumper.

nylarch

Post by nylarch » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Agreed. I bought standalone Reflektor as Live lacks a convo verb and I like the product quite a bit but navigating to it thru Guitar Rig is teh lameness.
MacBook Pro; Live 8 Suite, Reaktor; '77 Fender Jazz Bass; Apogee One;

h:nez

Post by h:nez » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:28 pm

nylarch wrote:Agreed. I bought standalone Reflektor as Live lacks a convo verb and I like the product quite a bit but navigating to it thru Guitar Rig is teh lameness.
i'm not sure, because i can't test it now, but can't you simply put guitarrig/reflector inside a rack, save that rack and later, when you want to use reflector just load that rack ...
PC/Win10/RME FW802
APC40/Clavia Micromodular/Sherman FB2
Vermona DRM MK2/Dynacord VRS23/H9/BIM
Minimoog Voyager AE/Modular/Argon8/RD6/TD3
Live Suite/Reaktor/SomeFreePlugs/
____
draw a straight line and follow it
soundcloud
youtube
facebook

8O

Post by 8O » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:32 pm

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:02 pm

8O :lol:
PMSL!

I love the little guy in the circle - "To Scale"

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:05 pm

:lol: Great!
I herd it comes with 100 terrabytes of content. Like: 10 million handclaps.

matthews

Post by matthews » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:14 pm

^^^
Awesome. You can never have too many handclaps. :P

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:43 am

ze2be wrote: I heard it comes with 100 terrabytes of content. Like: 10 million cowbells.
I gotta have it! :D
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

headquest

Post by headquest » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:16 am

LOL...

In terms of the OP, is it clear whether Komplete 8 Ultimate can be run from the supplied hard drive, or does it need moving to your own hard drive?
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

CR78

Post by CR78 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Actually, Komplacent will be entirely cloud based.......

Carl Lofgren

Post by Carl Lofgren » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:52 pm

Genial...
PLUGHUGGER - deep music tech review blog - www.plughugger.com

MartinOM28V

Post by MartinOM28V » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 pm

A year later they'll just come out with Kompletely Kompletely Komplete Infinity +1.
iMac 3.4 GHz i7 12GB/Apogee Duet 2/Event ASP8/AKAI MPK61/Ableton Suite 8/Logic Pro 9/Waves Platinum/Komplete 7/Amplitube 3/Omnisphere/Stylus RMX/Trilian

sach160

Post by sach160 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:42 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:
JuanSOLO wrote:I have Komplete 6, and as with Komplete 7 and 8, there isn't enough "new" in it, to make me want it.
Same boat here and I felt the same about K7, but you never know what Kontakt 5 and Guitar Rig 5 will hold. Although I'm starting to wonder what else they can really do. I'm a bit worried that it'll just be more "advanced" feature bloat. Kontakt 4 sample loading was significantly improved but as for the interface and functionality, it just tends to get more complicated and not really introduce a whole lot of improvements in useability. The reason Maschine was such a success was that it actually simplified a lot about the interface and interaction with the program, thanks mainly to it being restricted to a hardware layout. Things like Kontakt, Absynth and Guitar Rig while they keep growing in power, haven't really improved in this area. It's interesting that NI have the best product which merges software and hardware (Maschine), yet all their other software is the worst for that. Trying to get good hardware control (via extensive midi mapping or automap or Ableton's device configuration) of NI instruments is is such a pain - In Kontakt every damn preset has to have it's parameters set up individually, absynth have to every learned to macros first, and all of their new effects are in the Guitar Rig interface, which is just another layer, so the plug-in itself does not stay consistent in terms of parameters. Kind of annoying.
Very well said. Agree completely. Massive is the only one with good parameter mapping for live.

I'm on k6 but will probably upgrade to k8 get spark and prism. I know I could just go to 7 but I suspect it won't most much more to do the full upgrade to 8. Good thing about more kontakt sampled content is that jbridge is rock solid with kontakt so you can literally have tons of stuff going without increasing your live memory.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:02 pm

Just a heads up, no grace period for recent buyers of Komplete 7, so if like me you own Kore not Maschine, then there's little reason to upgrade. I think NI make amazing sounding instruments, but the upgrade path is rocky at best. As a Kore user to stay "current" with NI it would cost me roughly $628 to get Maschine and K8 regular... I think it's time for me to I integrate Racks, Automap, and Max 4 Live into something that replaces Kore, and to sit out multiple upgrades of Komplete or freeze it.

headquest

Post by headquest » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 pm

If you could run Komplete 8 Ultimate directly from the supplied USB2 hardware drive, I would probably go for it, but apparently you have to install the entire 240gb on your computer, then tuck the supplied external drive neatly away on a shelf somewhere... that seems to me a missed opportunity, or to put it another way a lost customer for NI. I want to expand my arsenal and start using more VSTs, but for that money I could buy Alchemy, Zebra, ACE, and the fabfilter effects. I think I would ultimately go with quality, not just quantity. NI seems to be selling quantity at this point.
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud