Synths that allow user waveforms?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
crumhorn

Re: Synths that allow user waveforms?

Post by crumhorn » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:03 pm

+1 for simpler / sampler
"The banjo is the perfect instrument for the antisocial."

(Allow me to plug my guitar scale visualiser thingy - www.fretlearner.com)

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Does Curve also allow for the importing of waveforms? Or does it only allow for the drawing of waveforms?

morgo

Post by morgo » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:39 pm

I do like kontakt, especially the pro53 filter, i find it super tasty for bass, and it does have a ton of cool stuff you can do. I also really enjoy the simplicity of simpler and sampler and I use them for pretty much everything but i just grow tired of the sound of their filters. Looking at alchemy again i may try and get to grips with it again, but ideally what would be great is something with the simplicity of simpler but with more filter types, or at lease somee sort of drive or distortion pre filter.

UnCL0NED

Post by UnCL0NED » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:57 pm

If you can get by with just sampler and or simpler but you don't like the filters (which are boring indeed), I suggest you rather spend your money on some cool filter plugins instead of looking for another synth.
BlackMath wrote:You could stop being a pussy and just get Alchemy..its not that complicated and camel audio has 10 videos on youtube that explain all the functionality
But I agree with BlackMath: you should get Alchemy! Because next month you'll be writing your next thread on how your newly acquired synth has such great filters but it's just too simple for your needs!!! And you know there is a "simple" mode in Alchemy, right?!?
soundcloud
"everything you read on the internet is true!"

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:36 pm

Like just said above, you could use simpler/sampler and external filters like TalDub Filter or other free and not-so-free at kvr.
ImageImage

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:04 am

morgo wrote:...but ideally what would be great is something with the simplicity of simpler but with more filter types, or at lease some sort of drive or distortion pre filter.
If you like simpler then use it. Just throw filters after it. I don't know if you own Zebra or whether you were just trying the demo but Zebrify is one of the tastiest multi-fx units I've tried. It has a lot of filters and they cover a pretty wide range of stuff. Honestly, I actually use Zebrify way more than I use Zebra.

I know it's not the same as an all-in-one solution but that "roll your own" approach can yield some very satisfying results, imo...

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:28 am

Symptohm:Melohman, though it's routing can throw you off, it's a user waveform based granular synth/sampler with amazing filters.
Really wouldn't think of using anything else unless I wanted layers of samples, then it's Kontact.